Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fjorko

Bought AS2004.5 tonight - Support Please Read

Guest Fjorko

Hi GuysSorry to be a pain, i know this question have been posted somewhere before.I am just flying in and around KSEA at the moment, AS2004.5 renders the cloud layers beautifully, but.......I get those damn instant change in visibility as i did before i had this application.....which is the main reason i bought it !!!I can see in the distance for instance - looks hazy - then i take off and at around 2000ft - BOOM - !!! Grey all over the place and this happens instantaniously - not SMOOTHLY....I am posting my AS2004.ini settings for you to look at....What is up with this issue ...can someone please explain it in simple terms for me ? For me it is no use to have beautiful clouds and fog etc, but flying through it is very unrealistic with these sudden changes in visibility.... i thought this app would at least improve this issue in FS9.I have FSUIPC 3.41 loaded, and all my wheather is set as per the manual.FS2004 .ini ://AS2004.5 configuration file B147[General]WindowPosX = 105WindowPosY = 105DefaultWeatherFolder = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 4000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 50MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 59LastPlanFolder = NONEIncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = FalseAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalsePreventIcing = TrueOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseDepictFS9HazeLayer = TrueExtendTstormLayers = FalseDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = FalseLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = FalseDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = TrueAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = TrueAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 5VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = 0AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 0TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONEMany ThanksPieter

Guest Fjorko

Hi I did this, but all it does is remove the "fog" or hazy look at low altitutes as far as i can see... the transition between layers of cloud/fog/haze is still instantaniously..... It's like it just pops up infront of you and all of a sudden you can either see further in the distance, or it's all grey around you...Why would you want to remove these settings ?What do they do ?Thanks

Guest Fjorko

Is anyone else having this sudden change in visibility ?It seems to happen when the reporting station changes !!! Just happend 10 seconds ago !!!! Could see out the window for about 10 miles, then - BOOM !!! - only about 1 mile visibilityThis is doing my head in !!!

Hi Again!Relax!! we know there are still some visibility issues and Damian is still working on them. Right now your supression range is too low. Increase the value to 100, close AS and re-start. There are some FS stuff going on here too that we are trying to work around.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest Fjorko

No worries mate - I am relaxed... I just sound tensed..I'm not - I promise ! :-)Can you post YOUR ini file so i can copy your settings ?

OK very good!!FSUIPC weather minimumsFS04: Cloud Draw 30, sight distance 60//AS2004.5 configuration file B147[General]WindowPosX = 6015WindowPosY = 3345DefaultWeatherFolder = C:FS2004ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 4000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 100MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 50IncreasedWake = TrueDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = TrueAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalsePreventIcing = FalseOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseDepictFS9HazeLayer = FalseExtendTstormLayers = FalseDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = FalseDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = TrueFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = FalseAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = TrueAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 10VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = -5AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 0TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONELastPlanFolder = C:Documents and SettingsJimMy DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesHope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Hi Pieter,Are you saying that the visibility goes DOWN as you climb above 2000ft agl? And this was NOT due to entering a cloud layer?Remember that through 10 and 60sm vis FS will transition the visibility somewhat severely, is this what you are seeing? I.e. When climbing from an airport with low (say 2sm vis) as you get above the lower cloud layers or about 3k agl the vis starts transitioning to max vis. As it crosses the 9.99999 threshold, the sky will go from appearing gray to blue. Then as it crosses the 59.99999 threshold, the sky goes from blue with a bit of haze to completely clear blue. Not sure what exactly is happening in your case, but be aware that we are working on a visibility issue at the moment that some users have reported which pertains to visibility dropping as you climb.Any more information you have would be much appreciated! Maybe some screenshots showing before/after the vis transitions?Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies