Sign in to follow this  
Guest VetJet

Help me decide FSMeteo Vs. Active Sky

Guest VetJet

Hello:I wanted to know what is the main difference between fsmeteo and active sky. I am trying to make a decision, but I can't really tell what is what sets these two softwares apart. I have used fsmeteo and wxre for previous versions of FS and I have to say I liked wxre better at the time. I will be blunt, It is cheaper to upgrade to the new fsmeteo as a previous user vs. upgrading from wxre 1.92 to active sky. So you guys do a good job of convincing me here.Whadzen Carrasquillo (FS NUT!)FS 9PMDG 737-600/700/800/900PMDG ExpressPSS Airbus ProFlight 1 Iron Knucles DC-9Project AIIWI Version 1Wx RE 1.92

Hi Whadzen,If you're looking for someone from here to "sell" you on the product, this may be the wrong place. Picking brand A over brand B is unique to each buyer and what one feels is a selling point may not be taken the same way as an other. If budget is a determining factor for you, then I would say the choice should be easy. If you're looking to start fresh with a new application then I can shed some insight.Having been a loyal FS Meteo owner and now a devoute ActiveSky supporter, I can say that ActiveSky appeals to me more for how it interacts with FS and how it recreates the environment. I have never seen FS Meteo produce the dramatic weather environment that ActiveSky has produced for me on several occasions. Both applications are capable of displaying weather in FS according to the realworld METAR/TAF data they download however, what I find ActiveSky does better than FS Meteo is how it works with the whole weather environement and how it treats the transitions between reporting stations. I always found FS Meteo to be abrupt with it's transitions whereas with ActiveSky, I've always found them to be smooth and when transitioning from an area of "nice" weather to an area rich with storms, the effect was spectacular. Comparing them both side by side I'm sure you're going to find one does something better than the other but, without you telling us what you find important in a weather program leaves much to the imagination and up to the poster to interpret. So, I'll ask the question, what are you looking for in a weather program?http://www.members.shaw.ca/madamo/ffpc.jpg

Guest VetJet

The things you mentioned are very important to me. That really answers my question. Smooth transitions and better dynamic weather representation. I believe, as I thought, that Active sky would be better at. I just wanted to hear a second opinion. Thanks a lotWhadzen