Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Signatures and backdoor advertising: Tom please clarify

Hi Tom,Since we're on the subject of signatures, I notice that there is a growing trend of virtual advertising within some signatures on this and other forums. For instance supporters of some payware products are incorporating that product into their signatures. Effectively this is free advertising.So far we have been scrupulous not to do this as we assumed this would violate Avsim's rules.But we feel entitled to the same rights and responsibilities as everyone else. Therefore can you please clarify your policy on this issue. If posters' signatures ARE permitted to contain references to addon products then we feel we are entitled to follow suit. If not, then perhaps this rule should be adhered to.Thanks,Regards,Rob YoungRealAir Simulations

BUMP(Because the "proud supporter" and "beta team" sigs, while harmless to my soul, just bug me to death. :) )

Guest WorkingStiff

Thank you.I've been reading these forums for years and I can unequivocally say that I've never purchase software because any individual(s) were either part of a beta team or a proud supporter.

Rob, we have debated that endlessly. Our concensus opinion at the moment is that if you want to use your signature to advertise, that's fine as long as it meets the requirements for image size (400 x 60 NOT 140 x 60). There are just too many gray areas in making the calls, and we have our hands full as it is. :)