Sign in to follow this  
Guest bones

Flight Plan not importing.

Guest bones

If I create a flight plan in FS9, save it and try to open it in Active Sky I keep getting a "Unable to Import" message. Can anyone suggest the problem/fix for this?Oddly enough if I create a plan in FSNav and export it to FS9 format AS will load it after a brief warning about it being an "older version". It is just the plans made in FS9 that fail to load..Edit.. After further testing it looks like the symbology is the problem. The FS9 saved PLN file show all Lat/Long values with the

Guest bones

Thanks for the suggestion Jim but I'll stick with current settings now I know the cure. Changing XP will have too much impact on the rest of my system.The easier solution is to create the plan, save it and then run a quick edit in Notepad. However what I will probably do is create the plan in FSNav and export it to FS9 format, the run it through ActiveSky.If readers are puzzled by the need for such a convoluted process there is one distinct reason in doing this. Both FS9 and FSNav create excellent flight plans but the timings and fuel burns are not accurate because neither take weather into account. They both produce still air calculations.The AS planner is a gem because it computes flight times based on the weather you are using (current or loaded situation) so you can more accurately plan your fuel loads.On a flight from Glasgow to London the FSNav en route time is 41min (still air) but current weather gives an actual AS flight time of 52min. This isn't a substantial difference but it could be important if you have only allowed minimum fuel reserves.Taking a longer haul route from London to New York the figures are a lot different. Figures for the current actual weather give:FSNav plan flight time - 6hrs 34minActiveSky flight time - 7hrs 53minIf you plan your fuel load seriously only the latter figure is going to be of any real value. Had you uplifted fuel on FSNav figures and then added diversion fuel, +10%, 45 min holding fuel you would have scraped into KJFK with 23 min fuel remaining.boneshttp://fsaviation.nethttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Only just picked up on this Jim, but FSNav outputs as a FSN file and AS2004.5 wants a PLN file, or have I missed something?Thanks.>Hi,>>Or just try running the FSNav plan through AS. Thnaks for your>findings!

Sorry Jim, I was being thick :-doh Because the default extension is *.PLN I didn't think it could be changed. Just tried it now and it works as advertised ;-), I must pay more attention :-)>Hi,>>If you have the Option: Automatic .PLN Convert to FS9 checked>On, the FSN plan should load now into AS.>