Sign in to follow this  
Guest scupper

Seeking Heavy Weather, Not Avail, What to do

Hi All,Below is a list of major weather conditions. After you start up AS there is a file called current_wx_snapshot. It is a text document so it will open with Wordpad. Under Edit/Find you can search the document for any of the codes. Then you can visit those conditions. Make sure that the search does not find the code in the ICAO or in the TAF, but in the first part of the METAR string. I wish there was an automatic way to do this, but right now there is not. We'll see what the future holds! That was my idea for now!- Light Moderate (see note 2) + HeavyVC In the Vicinity (see note 3) MI ShallowPR PartialBC PatchesDR Low DriftingBL BlowingSH Shower(s)TS ThunderstormFZ Freezing DZ DrizzleRA RainSN SnowSG Snow GrainsIC Ice CrystalsPL Ice PelletsGR HailGS Small Hail and/or Snow PelletsUP Unknown Precipitation BR MistFG FogFU SmokeVA Volcanic AshDU Widespread DustSA SandHZ HazePY Spray PO Well- Developed Dust/Sand WhirlsSQ SquallsFC Funnel Cloud Tornado Waterspout (see note 3)SS SandstormSS Duststorm 1. The weather groups shall be constructed by considering columns 1 to 5 in the table above in sequence, i.e. intensity, followed by description, followed by weather phenomena, e.g. heavy rain shower(s) is coded as +SHRA2. To denote moderate intensity no entry or symbol is used.3. Tornados and waterspouts shall be coded as +FC. Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest allblack

Hi Jim, thanks for that.To be honest, you've lost me a bit. I'm not very PC savvy, and this made a wonderful whizzing noise as it went straight over my head!BUT - in 4.5 hours it's the weekend (but who's counting!!), so I'll print your message off and have a shot at getting to grips with it.I'll let you know if I need you to dumb this down for me. Really appreciate the efforts you've gone to thus far.CheersTim