Sign in to follow this  
Guest flight

re. going back to an earlier build

Guest flight

On the news that another version is coming out I decided in the meantime I'd go back to an earlier build that worked better for me.With this latest build I have not had much success w/clouds popping in and visibility suddenly going from clear to "soup". I had remembered that a prior maintenance release worked best for me. With it I had clouds slowly forming ahead of me, and I could watch the fog "roll" in. I even experienced visibility decrease as I descended into and under the cloud layers. With this recent release I get none of that, and I find myself not wanting to fly because of the poor weather simulation from Active Sky. But when I reinstalled the earlier build and used the fsuipc module that came with that release, it kept telling me that FS2004 would not run with that release of FSUIPC and so would not load. Yet it ran just fine when it was the current release.I would like to run an earlier version, with the earlier version of FSUIPC so that I can once again have the weather simulation that I once had. Can anyone help me out w/ this, and explain to me why such a simple operation somehow has been made unavailable?

Hi,Most earlier builds come with an FSUIPC.dll that is appropriate for that build. Check the ActiveSky2004 folder for the .dll.But concerning B182 (I assume that is what you are having trouble with)? We haven't received feedback like this yet. Sounds like something is terribly wrong with the setup, a bug, or something else? Or it may be a misinterpretation of the new fs9 haze layer rendering? Which way are you running things? Clouds should not pop, and neither should any vis/haze layers if you run with FS9 haze layer off. If this is happening (and there are sufficient wx stations to support local suppression), then I would like to hopefully find the problem in your case and fix it via an update. Please e-mail me @ damianc@hifisim.com with any particulars. Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies