Sign in to follow this  
Guest 320MAD

Cat 5.2-5.4 Drivers and ActiveSky?

Guest 320MAD

Hi there,I have a similar rig to yours minus the EE processor. I don't think it's an AS problem but a driver problem. I had problems with the ATI drivers from V5.2 on until they released 5.4. I had stutters and my FPS would decrease a little. I would upgrade to the CCC 5.4 version, and make sure that you have the TRUEFORM set to off. Also make sure that the GEOMETRY INSTINCING (spelling?) is off as I saw a hit on frames with this turned on. I too went back to the 5.1 drivers a few times but the 5.4 CCC drivers seem stable enough to me. Hope this helps let me know how it goes ok.

>5.4 drivers without the CCC having problems and maybe this has>some meaning.Not sure where you read it but people sometimes hav no idea what they are talking about.I have gone through all the recent ATI drivers (without CCC) 5.2 all the way to 5.4 and I don't see any problems at all in FS9.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest tstewart

Hi All,I have been debating whether to post this or not,but this problem is driving me crazy. I just saw a post about the Cat 5.4 drivers without the CCC having problems and maybe this has some meaning.First off I am running WinXp with all updates, 3.4EE system with X800PE VC with 2GB DDR400. I have no problems with all Cat drivers from Ver 5.1 and below with AS2004 B192. I use Cat drivers without the CCC. If I use Cat 5.2 to present 5.4 without the CCC I get a very pronounced studder. Sim is fine until AS updates and then the studder begins-In spot view it looks like a fram by fram studder-not slow motion but noticeable, and it doesn't quit, even when AS update and write is finished. I checked my FPS and they remain in the 30's and 40's. I have the affinity set on FS9 to cpu 0 and AS on cpu 1. I run ansio at 8x and aa on 4x in hardware. All setting are constant except changing the drivers. I have seen no other reports of this problem on this forum so I am guessing this is my system having this problem. For now just going back to 5.1 works. It definitly is a problem with AS2004 and the drivers because the problem is non-existant without AS running. I have the latest Fsuipc registured also. Any ideas wouls be appreciated. I also reinstalled AS2004,tried the FS9 and AS2004 exe's without affinty set. The only item I didn't try was running the 5.4's with the CCC. I am at work now so I will have to wait. I have normal defaults set on AS.:(