Hi,I have been using AS2004 for a while now and have noticed that when flying into an overcast layer the cloud is never very thick.In RW flying these layers are sometimes very thick, so why does my weather never simulate this? Do I need to change any settings for this to occur..Many thanksDrayton

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

As mentioned in another post further down, what you may be seeing is the fact that FS2004 always seems to surround the aircraft with a "bubble" of visibility which travels with it. This therefore usually makes an overcast, not a true overcast as seen in the real world.This is primarily seen when the prevailing visibility below the overcast is greater than 10 SM. With it lower than that, MS fakes the lower visibility by putting up cloud all around.From some investigation I did and reported here, it also seems that this "faked" visibility also helps hide the fact that whenever you get OVC in the METAR or TAF, you wont't actually see it in the clouds displayed by AS2004.5 (they look BKN or SCT) when prevailing visibility is greater than 10 SM.