Sign in to follow this  

I just bought AS2004.5 yesterday (despite ASV's announcement, so please be good to us on the upgrade discount), and I'm taking a short flight between KMHT (Manchester, NH) and KMMU (Morristown, NJ), a route which obviously has a lot of wx stations. I generated a GPS direct IFR flight plan and loaded it into AS. Is this why the "enroute wx" box in the "Nav Log" show "No enroute stations (depature/destination stations prevail)...?" If I had used victor airways in the flight plan, would there be additional stations showing in the nav log? I do see the current metar from KFIT in the "closest station report" on the main screen, so are these stations along the route used to set the conditions, or just the departure and destination? Thanks for your help.

Hi,Thanks for the purchase! You'll enjoy AS2004.5 until ASV is released. Yes, you are correct, AS will read your fp. and look for waypoints in the plan. In a GPS plan you only have a departing point and an arrival point. A plan with more points will produce a report with more details. A VOR plan may produce the most points. Also, many users use a 3rd party flight planner for some serious planning!When actually flying, all the stations along the way are used, not just depart. and destin.Keep asking the questions!! Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg