Sign in to follow this  
Guest Erups

Thanks and ansknowledgments to Chriss Willis

Guest Erups

First i hope to have written the name correctly.Second i have recently discovered the HiFpsV2 and must thank Chriss for his work.After a recent loss of HDD and subsequent total reinstall, i was unable to achieve a sufficient frame rate.That little zip got my flying again.Thanks.Longing for your and Hifisim old team's next masterpiece.Regards.

Hi,"i was unable to achieve a sufficient frame rate.That little zip got my flying again."You are welcome, each files reduced or lowering the format in Msfs no matter what's area in Msfs, WILL reduce the amount of stutter and can increase fps on midlow system or some situation, msfs use differents texture size and differents format for this purpose for all general texture in Msfs, Msfs don't use these format and size for nothing, if it was the case, msfs will only use 1024x1024 32 bits for all Msfs texture, ask them they will told you the same thing. These Msfs solution are for ALL msfs general texture and this is how it's works.When clouds draw distant at full or when there is many layers at the same time, on both case, It can reduce stutters when there is many clouds layers not related to FPS and others do have better fps with others condition, it's a mixing result related to the format and size vs system spec. Others will see difference when there is many fs2004 feature at the same time in Msfs, AI traffic, many addonsscenery vs formatsize vs video cards CPU This is why Microsoft do use the implementation of DXT in Msfs for the ground texture and for the aircraft in Fs2002fs2004, to reduce the amount of sutters related to the video cardscpu to have smoother flight and get better "fps in some situation". Increasing each texture size and format in msfs will have general bad performance. Microsoft do use the format and size on Msfs general texture only for this purpose all related to the Video cardscpu vs each texture,again if it was not the case, all Msfs will be using full resolution 1024x1024 bmp with big files and see the result. Microsoft added Texture slider size in Msfs display setting as well for others related to texture, bmp format and size is the most radical change on result.ThanksChris WillisHiFi Simulation Software Team Developerhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004betateam.jpgFreeware Addons for FSW GROUP

Kind Regards
Chris Willis