Guest joeclemmons

Noticed in your sig that you are in Richmond Va. What part ? I was born and raised there and took primary flight training at the AVITAT at KRIC. Flew a lot of Capt Fuzzo's planes at Hanover, and over at Chersterfield (old W98 now KFCI?). You flying real world at all and if so where ?

>Noticed in your sig that you are in Richmond Va. What part ?>I was born and raised there and took primary flight training>at the AVITAT at KRIC. Flew a lot of Capt Fuzzo's planes at>Hanover, and over at Chersterfield (old W98 now KFCI?). You>flying real world at all and if so where ?>>I live in the West End off Gaskins between I-64 and Patterson. I grew up in Lynchburg, lived here about ten years ago (I need a T-shirt that says "I Survived English Hills") and moved to South Carolina for a while, then came back up here in January. If you don't live here now, you wouldn't recognize the place. The changes in the far West End between 1997 and now are just crazy.Sadly, I haven't done any real-world flying except for one hop over Atlanta in the back seat of a Cherokee. I keep telling myself that if I'm a good boy, stick to my diet, and keep my room clean, I'll buy myself a discovery flight...but now that my wife's expecting our first in February, that may get deferred. Again. So I spend the money on add-ons for FS2004 instead, it's still cheaper than the real thing. :) Got Carenado's new 182RG onboard, and if I can ever get ASV downloaded and installed, gonna take a virtual vacation trip back down to SC in it!Steady 19 kb/s on the download, got up to 39.5M before it crapped out and I had to retry. You guys at Hi-Fi are victims of your own well-deserved success, it looks like! :)Lewis "Moose" GregoryRichmond, Virginia

Guest joeclemmons

KNow what you mean. Was back there in April for 3 weeks, and 250, Patterson, all of it has built up tremendously. I use to live over there as well for a while, but mostly in Mechanicsville. Graduated LeeDavis.The airport has changed tremendously as well, although still the triangle runways. 7/25,2/20, and 16/34. Same old. Nice big terminals now though. And huge parking garages. I remember when it used to be just flat parking in a huge lot out front ;-).Well, dont mean to hijack the thread, just rarely see anyone in the simming community from my hometown. Hope you get the file soon, I think mines up to 63.3MB now at about 50KB rate. Kind of like a Cub fightin a 50knot head wind ;-) Strange how you can fly but stand still eh ? ;-) I've done it...... Change heading 10deg or so and you get moving again .....Have a good one !

Guest mfelicio

HiI order the ASV Update, but where are my file? In Paypal or www.hifisim.com?? I can

Guest gmazzei

Hi,Now the download Is almost impossible.Mine failed once at 88,6 MB and twice after about 39 MB.Please give us better servers with resumable download and reset the download countersThanks

Guest gizmo436

hi , no problems here (from Holland) instal was also ok .thx for the great addonMaurice

Hi:I have used all my downloads without success and the counter is now set to Zero. Please reset the counter and let me know when I can get a good download of ASV upgrade:-) :-wave DavidL3541

Guest aarskringspier

Total impossibility to even get to the purchase screen. What is the point of this?

Guest anthonye

>Total impossibility to even get to the purchase screen. What>is the point of this? I just got "Service Unavailable" UK Time 22:00Getting a joke now. I wonder if the people who have managed to get it, are getting the weather downloadsThink I will leave itUK

Guest gizmo436

>>Total impossibility to even get to the purchase screen. >What>>is the point of this? >>>I just got "Service Unavailable" >>UK Time 22:00>>Getting a joke now. I wonder if the people who have managed to>get it, are getting the weather downloads>>>Think I will leave it>>UKno problem at all getting the weather downloads with ASVgreets Maurice

Download stopped at 14.3MB. Was only downloading at 13Kb's. When do you suggest I try again and is there any other alternate site download sites available?W Brown

Guest anthonye

>>no problem at all getting the weather downloads with ASV>>greets >>MauriceThats one good thing then.........AnthonyUK

Hello,I currently use Active Sky 4.5 build 192 and wanted to know if version 5 smooths out the effects of the winds, particularly gusts, even more than 4.5 does. What I mean is this: with the default FS2004 weather, I had a 500,000 lbs 744 being thrown around noticeably even with moderate winds of, say 15 knots; with AS 4.5, this effect is much less and the plane is more manageable but the smaller planes, like the A320 or 737 still feel the winds. Now, I'm no real-life pilot but from what I've read from real-life pilots, even a little ol' Cessna 172 is proudly chugging along in windy conditions and is quite manageable. I know you have a new weather engine so I'm curious if I should expect smoother and hence more realistic wind behaviour with version 5?John

Guest ksabers

IMHO the update price for previous users is too high. I have purchased AS 4.5 just eight days ago and it suddenly seems a bit of a bad joke.Giorgio