Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tarmack

WideFS Installation

Guest Tarmack

Damian,I did the install of ASV...up and running just fine...but I do have a question of how it does it. I installed ASV on a WideFS computer that never runs FS9...and the default installation placed the new ASV files into that computers installation of FS9.Immediately on starting ASV the program found my actual FS9 server computer and ported the real world weather in Florida....to that computer and 6 other server computers that run FS9 via WideView.My question is....with the large file size of ASV that contains numerous new cloud types....how the heck do those files GET to my Server and Clients via WideFS?Do I need to copy the new Texture and cloud files to the other computers manually?Regards,Cap'n Tarmack

Guest Tarmack

Not really "bumping" but perhaps to make myself clearer.Is it possible to have the new clouds and environment from the new ASV appear on CLIENT computers running FS9 via WideView?The install of ASV, this morning, placed about 400 megs of new textures into that computers FS9 folder...however that computer NEVER runs FS9.....so how do I get those files to the computers that actually DO run FS9 via WideFS and WideView?Thanks in advance,Cap'n Tarmack

PMFJI,Just wanted to say how good it is to see your name appear again Cap'n, I thought you had given up simming.I think I still have all your 'log book' articles from when I started simming in '98, they were very useful.I guess you are looking forward to PMDG releasing your beloved 'Queen of Skies'.Regards

Guest TonyDAVIES

Hi GuysYep I was wondering the same thing. ASV will work over WiideFS but does AE? hmmmmmm.I also have a problem with ActiveRadar over widefs. I followed the installation instructions to the letter. Drives mapped and shared all access, just like AS2004 which was working fine. When I run Activeradarconnector I get as far as browsing and selecting the asv.exe program from the box then an error message appears "You must select the ASV.exe file before continuing, so I try again and the same message.Hope you guys are not getting too drunk, but then again why not heheheTony Davies:-ufo2

Guest TonyDAVIES

Hi JimAs prompt as ever. Could you please enlighten me and probably others on the manual install method as presently I am confused.I install ASV on to the non FS PC which has fs2004 installed. Am I correct in assuming AE should then write the clouds to my texture folder on the FS PC?Any ideas on my error message with activeradar?Best RegardsTony

Guest Tarmack

Sir,Thank you for your very kind words and I have given up a few things but simming will never be one of them. I am looking forward to the PMDG Queen of the Skies and will be one of their first customers.It is amazing how this software has developed....I mean FS and the all of the amazing add-on's....it just never stops and there is always something new to download and try out. Just keeps a guy, at least feeling young, as long as he don't have to look in the mirror. grin.Thanks also to the other gentlemen who replied in this thread....looks like the ASV files just know how to find their way to my other computers....and again....amazin!Here is my present cockpit sim setup....she ran a long time today!!I hope the graphic .jpg makes it for view.Regards,Cap'n Tarmack>PMFJI,>>Just wanted to say how good it is to see your name appear>again Cap'n, I thought you had given up simming.>>I think I still have all your 'log book' articles from when I>started simming in '98, they were very useful.>>I guess you are looking forward to PMDG releasing your beloved>'Queen of Skies'.>>Regards>

Guest TonyDAVIES

Hi JimI found it, problem solved. Top support as always.Many ThanksTony

Guest sCubaboy

Ok, i have a question now... been looking aroundI run 3 Pc's, 6 monitors. 1st Pc, which is my main, runs fs9, 1st monitor runs cockpit, 2nd monitor runs overhead panel, throttle quadrant, fsnav, radio panel, and some other panels, depending on the aircraft i am flying.2nd PC runs Fs9 but in wideview mode. 1st monitor front left view, 2nd monitor front right view... nothing else runs on this system.3rd PC is my laptop, which runs servinfo 2.2, and on 2nd monitor hooked up to it runs meteor reports and sb3. Now also running active sky5Now, i hope I did this right. My 1st pc(main) runs widefs, as the server. The 3rd pc (laptop) runs widefs as the client. THe second pc at the moment is not running widefs. I did map all three computers. I ran the active radar on the main pc to the laptop and that worked. I tried running it on from the 2nd PC but, did not... because wide fs not installed? I however, did add the asv module file over to the 2nd pc, as well as the .dll file. All seems to work. The main pc get the weather info from the laptop computer. Now... as for the 2nd pc.. sometimes the weather matches up, sometimes it doesn't.. I don't expect the clouds to match exactly, but do expect them to look somewhat the same. Meaning, main pc shows major cloud overcast, where the 2nd pc shows maybe a lower layer cloud. Once in a while, they will match. I tried manually update remote weather now from wideview, but it doesn't always work. I have currently disabled auto weather update with wideview, and try and do it manually... both don't matter.Now, should I have installed or should I install widefs on my second pc as well? Then try and run the active radar program? Did I mess things up?Thanks for any help offered.JayEDITED: also, i have downloaded ae512, but only a1 and a2 from avsim.. I can't find a3.zip The link from the hifisim.com website doesn't work anymore.