Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vulcho

How big is FS by default? And how much d/l do u have?

Hi all,I was just trying to install some files in FS and it said that I have a puny 300MB of free disk space. I have a HDD drive dedicated to FS only. It's 10.4GB. So it got me wondering, how big was this game in the first place? I wanted to see how much d/l stuff I had on the disk.BTW, I deleted 3GB worth of scenery, gauges, and planes.Thanks,Alex.ERROR:Banner is 6.6KB, 15 pixels (width) above limit. Cannot Display!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Only? Wow! Then I have a lot of d/l's.Thanks Dave!ERROR:Banner is 6.6KB, 15 pixels (width) above limit. Cannot Display!

Alex,My FS2002 is 7.2gb, and I add more downloads all the time. If I fill up this 20gb HDD, I'll go get a bigger one.Cheers,Bob

My fs2002 is currently at 9.45 GB and growing., and i am very selective in what I download.

Right now im runing at around 3 gigs. All I have installed is payware planes, some little tools like active sky.Im also selective with what I get. I only download the best.B4 I reformatted I had about 7 gigs worth of planes, no scenery

OK,I have a question:Have you guys noticed any slowdown due to all the additional space that you have added? (planes, scenery, textures, sounds, etc. etc.)I know you get quite a slowdown when you want to get a new plane it takes it a while to load them all as well as addon scenery load. But how about overall during gameplay?I was thinking of reformatting my drive after I deleted so many things but I've heard people say it's not a good idea with XP. I can't risk improvement of 2-3 FPS over a whole HDD.Thanks,Alex.ERROR:Banner is 6.6KB, 15 pixels (width) above limit. Cannot Display! :-hah