Sign in to follow this  
Guest flight78

TAF processing

Guest flight78

Hi !ive got some quests i would like answeared (again) so here it goes.The option use system time vs fs time iam confused with.As you know i live in Sweden so my time conversion value is +2 if i were to fly in USA for example from KSFO with -7 as time would the option automaticly know where iam at??. Becuse if i use FS real time instead an addon program it automaticly tells me the time conversion value. What it all comes down to is i really want the TAF to be REAL as in real time but iam concerd that if i have it on and wont use fs real time it will think iam in sweden (maybe) when iam actully flying in USA and so to follow the TAF will be wrong becuse of the time conversion value right?.Also one other thing if i dont file a flightplan with ASV and instead use FMC like with some addon aircraft wont i get the as accurate weather as i would be getting if i filed flightplan with ASV? I hope it made some sense and i hope you guys at ASV can help me out here.Best regards:Alexander

Hi Alexander,When USE SYSTEM TIME enabled, all computations of time comparison in ASV are based on your computer clock. We use the timezone conversion value to compute the Zulu time in this case. But automatic timezone detection will take care of that, you normally should not change this.When USE SYSTEM TIME is disabled, ASV uses FS time, and automatically gets correct zulu time/local time directly from FS based on your sim location/position. Please take a read in the manual concerning TAF processing... you must understand what times are used and how the time influences things. The most important thing to consider is that the time used (System or FS) must match the weather data you plan to use, otherwise nothing will synch up.Flightplan is not required in ASV in most circumstances.. it is required by certain options/features. For more details on this please see the manual.Hope that helps!Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies