Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

Can ActiveSky V Help Me With These Default WX Issues?

Hi Spackle,Thanks for your interest in our product! Damian is from the Cali. region and knows about the complex nature of that coastal weather. I can't promise you an exact solution because this is real time weather we are using. However, there are options in ASV to turn off FS9 Haze Layer and turn off fog layer generation under clear conditions. I would say that the wind pattern would go away.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

Guest Spackle

Hi Jim,Thanks for your prompt reply. I'm going give it a download then. Hurray!Spackle :)

Guest bam1220

Jim, I have to dispute what you say about the fog and haze settings in ASV. I have them unchecked and I still can't see a foot in front of me. It's getting very annoying. Once again today I did a flight from KDEN to KDFW crusing at FL330. Nothing but haze the whole way. What the heck do I have to do to get rid of the haze? All of your suggestions so far have not worked.Bob

Hi Bob,What suggestions in what thread? I remember you are having trouble I can't remember what I tell everyone! No problem pointing me to the thread or starting a new one. We want to help you out!OK, I see it is the next thread. I will respond there.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

Guest Spackle

Hello,I'm interested in ActiveSky as a possible solution to some issues I experience with the default real-time weather engine.My main problem is that sometimes the default weather suddenly turns completely gray and foggy so I can't see anything. Sometimes it goes away within a few minutes, somtimes it comes back, other times it seems to stay fogged so long that I need to revert to predefined weather themes. I sure would like to fly real-time weather without "The Fog Bank From Dimension M", can ASV correct this?I frequently fly from Palm Springs (KPSP) to Las Vegas (KLAS) and back and like clockwork approx. 30-60NM out from KPSP this fog bank almost always occurs. Also, when on approach to KPSP from the south there is always two gusts of wind from the west at about 2000FT. It seems these gusts are pre-programmed as I always hit them but I'm not sure if that's possible or not. I can understand an area being suseptable to certain wind patterns based on the terrain but this seems a little too scripted. Will ASV correct this?Thanks for your time.Spackle :)

BobThe setting should be: -In asv option:FOG Layer generation- enabledDepict FS9 Haze Layer- enabled -Close ASV-Start ASV-Start Fs2004Like the default setting!Or you use from the AE interface haze , slider to light area if your Depict FS9 Haze Layer is disabled.In the Manual udner Visibility area.Depict FS9 Haze Layer

Kind Regards
Chris Willis