Sign in to follow this  

multiplayer question.........

hello to all simflyers out there, i need your help in setting up a multiplayer via internet for myself and a couple of other friends of mine. i've tried being the host and i have got no where with it. one of my friend has tried, which he has DSL, and still nothing. we've done it the way fs2002 say it should be done, but still nothing. can any of you mulitplayer simflyer out there help me with this. and could you be very detail in your explanation please. thank you greatly acidplant

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

No detail needed, all you have to do is click "Host" type in a session name, click ok and you're done!You will need to know your IP address for the others to join in on though. If you know that and you have given your friends your IP address and they still can't join, start looking at firewall issues, or router issues.If you or they are not behind a firewall then there should be no reason why they can't join (again, if they know your IP address).

this may be a dumb question. but after putting in my i/p address or my friends, session name and then click on host/join. do i then go create a flight to have my friends join in along with me or i with them?

Noooooooo! You missed the point I made in my first post. DO NOT TYPE IN YOUR OWN IP WHEN HOSTING!!! LEAVE IT THAT FEILD BLANK!!!You only need to know your IP address to pass it along to your friends, because they will have to type it in, then hit the join button.You do not need to create a flight for them to join, once you are hosting they can join your IP. Then you all just have to meet up somewhere and fly.