Sign in to follow this  
Carabou

Video Card

Is a GeForce2 a good video card choice for FS2002? Im not looking to spend a lot of money and will that video card work well?

Guest freequest

i use a Gforce2 mx-400 it works ok. I think MSFS is more CPU intensive than GPU intensive but i would suggest maybe trying to get the best card you can afford.. That way it saves on you haveing to worry about upgrading later.But the card should work ok.

Guest ccgr

what is your price range. ATI 8500 cards are a good deal.

Sure, it will work - I have the GF2 TI 64 MB version on my second computer and it runs FS2002 really well, as long as I keep the AI traffic at around 50% and the sliders within reason for the 700 Mhz system. The TI series is better than the MX series, but either will work.Dale

It would be a good idea to tell us what the rest of the hardware is. If you're running a lower end processor, it would work out ok. I run a PIII 800 with FS2k2 and a GTS64 card at 1600x1200x16 with no ATC on my old rig and it works ok. If; however, you happen to be running a higher end processor, you'd be better off with a GF3Ti or a GF4Ti card. Just make sure you get one with at least 64mbs of ram on board and perferably 128mb.

Hi,Yes, a GeForce 2 mx400 card is still a good choice for FS2002 if you don't want to spend too much money. Take a look at my system specs below and you'll see my system is not a high end system. I run FS2002 with all display sliders on max and no ATC and display resolution 1600x1200x16. My fps are fixed at 12 and I use a lot of complex 3rd party scenery. In most areas, my system works well with the GeForce 2 card and mine has just 32 megs. If you decide on a GeForce 2 I'd suggest you get the mx400 with 64 megs.I'm going to upgrade to a GeForce 4 Ti4200 (when prices come down after the new cards come out) because I feel it will help with the "blurries" and may help in some complex scenery areas.But, If for some reason I couldn't do the upgrade, I'd still be basically happy with my GeForce 2.Hope that helps.Howard