Sign in to follow this  

PSS Dash-8 Initial Impressions

What about the sounds though? Everyone keeps stating that the dynamics and flight modelling are great, as well as the panel. However, how do Mike Hambly's sounds compare to Oleksiy's? Do you still get that same rumble when applying full throttle on takeoff? Do you get the change in pitch of sound when adjusting the condition levers?Just wondering? I plan on purchasing this beauty regardless. But was wondering how the sounds compare.Thanks in advance,Gord NoseworthyNewfoundland, Canada (CYYT)

What about the sounds though? Well, if you don't like the sounds all you have to do alias Oleksiy's sound to the PSS Bird. ;-)

Does it not bother anyone that this gentleman chooses to force his Ill informed opinionionated policy on you ?No, he isn't forcing it "Ill Informed" opinion on me at all. At least not any more than you are forcing your's on us with that statement???

Er sorry .. You missed the point here .. He clearly accused us of Ripping off our customers .. Totally Untrue.... Insulting..... and against AVSIM FORUM POLICY !

Well, it's just his opinion, so I don't think I missed your point. Anyway, you both have a right to your opinion and we have the right to read both.

Guest Phoenix

Guys this is absurdPSS has had the same pricing policies since we started. It is the one that most of our users like. With the discounts the ability to select from 30 different liveries allows each user to customize his or her package without buying livieries they don't want and if you buy more than one livery at a time the price is substanially less.Also we have always allowed repaints. Just check the user edits page where there a ton of them.Are we ripping anyone off? The answer is no. If you don't like our pricing don't buy. But remember pricing has more to do than hust the number of liveries you get. It also includes the hundreds of hours of developement, the cost of maintaining full time staff as well as the support that comes after the sale.All in all it is fair to the market and fair to PSS. It isn't like you have no alternatives.Robert KirklandPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

All in all it is fair to the market and fair to PSSI agree, you have a right to charge how you see fit. I don't like the way it works either, but I have a right to buy or not buy. I don't think you are "ripping" anyone off, even though I disagree with the pricing structure.With that said, I'll probably be buying it soon ;-)

>with their Does it not bother anyone that this gentleman chooses to >force his Ill informed opinionionated policy on you ? Phoenix 1,As a potential purchaser of the Dash 8 (and current owner of the FANTASTIC PSS A320, I prefer to consider myself intelligent enough to weed thru the "BS" and make a buying decision based on price versus product.Please have enough faith in your target market that they will also make make their decisions based on price versus product.This community (as a whole) is wise enough to NOT be bothered by such accusatory statements. IMHO, a payware developer, also works very very hard for every dollar earned but sometimes we have to throw on that "shield" and take a few shots at the ole "self pride".Thanks to all at PSS for a pre Christmas delivery on the Dash 8 and HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU ALL !!!!

Guest mikehaska

Well, when it costs more to buy one addon than it did to buy the entire software program, then it's time to put away the credit card.Sorry, guys. I was about to hit "Check Out", but to but the set with two addon liveries would cost $57.00. That's WAY too much, considering the average price for a payware addon.Shame too, I was really hoping to fly this one. :-(

IF your talking about US Dollars (You didnt specify) then your Absoluteley Wrong Sir.. the Total price for the Dash 8 base pack and TWO add on liveries would be $28.23 after our VERY GENEROUS Discount of $11.53For that you'd get 2X TOP Quality Panels, Aircraft, Virtual cockpits, Sounds, Utilities and Four Liveries Now that is our Rip Off Policy !

So PSS, What you are telling me is that you consulted your market, asked them if they would prefer to pay more, they agreed and thats why your pricing policy is as it is? Do you think that I am as daft as the aforementioned policy? You honestly expect me (and others) to believe that people would choose a base installer and

"PSS is ripping us off"If 5GBP is too much for you then you really need a new hobby.I certainly don't mind paying for liveries that are as well done as the ones on this DASH AND the Airbus! Besides, PSS's products can be painted by anyone and given out for free as long as they aren't planned by PSS and are uploaded to the Phoenix Simulations website ONLY.If the price bugs you THAT much don't visit thier site and buy their products! More bandwidth for the rest of us :)When a post comes up called "PSS DASH-8 Initial Impressions", that doesn't mean it is a segway for useless flames from people regarding PSS's pricing policy. It is just what is stated, "Initial Impressions". Accusing PSS of ripping people off is complete and total BS. Why? Because you don't have to buy thier products. Plain and Simple. A rip-off would be charging people higher taxes for the are in which they live (oops, getting personal LOL).Don't like thier pricing policy? DON'T BUY FROM THEM.Personally (and I think I speak for quite a few others here), spending a few hours wages on something that provides me with months of enjoyment isn't an issue.If you think you can do better for free, be my guest.Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3