Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

FS9 not choosing right runway in use, i'm fed up??

I've tried several days now and at my local airport the runway in use is runway 24R or 24L in real life and fs9 keeps showing 06L and 06R in use, i don't understand it. All those flights i did and fs9 can't give me the right runway what can be the cause of this?My local weather site shows S,SW winds at 15 kts and active sky V is showing winds at 205 at 10 kts which are correct as far as wind direction goes, temperature is right on and pressure is right as well. But Fs9 still gives me a tailwind takeoff i don't get it, I'm really really confused. I've cleared my temporary internet files in case but nothing is helping it always gives me 06L or R and its not like 24L or R were never available i always took off from those runways in the past so its not an afcad limitation.Any ideas!!Refresh ai traffic was clicked as well.CYUL 261700Z 20007KT 30SM FEW045 FEW260 26/16 A3007 RMK CF1CI1 SLP182CYUL 261439Z 261512 23008KT P6SM SCT250 BECMG 0103 VRB03KTWind: 200 True, 7 KtsVis: 9999 Meters, 30 SMClouds: 4500 Few, 26000 FewPrecip: NoneTemp: 26C Dew: 16CPressure: 1018.12 mb, 30.07 inches

Hi Joe,I found that it worked OK after refreshing the AI. I even jumped around a bit and came back and things were still correct. Please give that a try. What is your default airport?Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

Wow i'm stunned, my default airport initially is KSEA but i position myself at CYul for my flight, i also created the flight plan via the new route button and refreshed once sitting at the gate and then i refreshed AI again for good measure because it didn't look right.Hmmm really odd!

Hi Joe,You're stunned!! But did that work? I can't tell from your post!Edit: Here is the description of the Refresh AI Button:

Sorry, I meant i'm stunned about the problem i didn't get to fool around with it since i am not in front of my fs9 PC. I'm really confused on what the issue may be, but i'm sure i tried refreshing Ai and oddly it didn't work.

Ok i solved it by removing the afcad for the airport and re importing it, now all is well again, its still a mystery on what may have happened but it seems to work again. HOWEVER if the winds warrant a takeoff on RWY 24 because winds are 240 @ whatever, I realised that if i select in the drop down menu of list of gates to appear on active runway in use i still get runway 6 but AI traffic is headed to 24 and if i was at the gate i would be told too, to go to 24. Seeing I always start at gate i am not worried about this, but if anyone knows why i'd like to know?Thanks!