I have upgraded to V5 some months ago, but have had nothingbut problems using the software with WideFS.I have 2 PCs on a home network one has FS9 the other various otherprograms running with WideFS. Problem is when I try to run the program after installationit wants to know where FS9 is installed, however it just won'tallow me to browse to the relevant directory.Both PCs are not using simple file sharing and on both of themDocuments & Settings and Program Files folders are shared.I am able to see the contents of any folder except for theMicrosoft Games folder, which incidentally doesn't show anycontents if opened via Windows Explorer on remote computer.Since AV5 is meant to work with WideFS I would be very gratefulif somebody could give me step-by-step instructions on how toget this program running properly on the remote.Many thanks in advance.

Hi,Networks are not my strong area, but I will offer some ideas:1. Update with SU3.2. Did you map the FS04 folder?3. Make sure that sharing is enabled and that you have proper read/write permissions for both the WideFS computer (ASV path) and FS Computer (FS9 path).4. On the FS computer, browse via networking to the WideFS machine and find the ASV installation path. Run the activeradarconnector.exe program by double-clicking it and follow the prompts.Please let us know.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

>>1. Update with SU3.Not done this yet, will try it out>2. Did you map the FS04 folder?Not sure I understand what you mean by mapping a folder. I knowabout mapping a drive but would appreciate some advice on howto map the folder.>3. Make sure that sharing is enabled and that you have proper>read/write permissions for both the WideFS computer (ASV path)>and FS Computer (FS9 path).As stated on my initial post this is already activated usingadvanced File sharing.>4. On the FS computer, browse via networking to the WideFS>machine and find the ASV installation path. Run the>activeradarconnector.exe program by double-clicking it and>follow the prompts.Not done this yet because normally I don't use Activeradar.Will give it a go.>>Please let us know.Will do.As an aside and in view of the fact that normally Program Filesand Documents & Settings folders cannot be shared, shouldn't therebe some sort of tutorial on how to install ActiveSky 5 with WideFS?Thanks

Guest aarskringspier

The easiest way to share your FS9 folder, I think anyhow, is to navigate to Program Files/Microsoft Games/FS9I just share the FS9 folder, and then navigate to it through my network.When asked to selct the folder when starting ASV just click the FS9 folder via network neighborhood and then it should see it. Remember to open your options up and click save after this so it adds the folder extension to your ASV.ini and you wont have to do it all over again next time you open up ASV.ASV works flawelessly over WIDEFS its just something in your network settings preventing it from communicating with your FS PC.

RandyIt works fine. My mistake was not using the Network - Kept using the mapped drive and it just wouldn't do it.Very grateful for your comment and your help. Also thanks to Skorna.Now let's go enjoy