Sign in to follow this  
Guest Relax

512x512 textures are flickering on second monitor in sp...

Guest Relax

Hello,Basically Active Sky V is working fine on my configuration: | AMD Athlon 3500+ 130 nm HeatlaneZen NCU 2000 | Abit AV8 3rd-eye Bios 1.9 | 2 x 1 GB Corsair CMX1024-3200C2 | Seagate 2 x 400 gig SATA RAID1 | HIS Excalibur X800 XT PE | NX-4090 Real Silent Power Supply 400 W | NEC MultiSync 2180UX | NEC MultiSync 1770NX | WinXP Pro SP2 | ATI Catalyst 5.8 |Also the installation and mipmap of the 512x512 textures went well. The hard disk is nicely de-fragmented.However, when I use cockpit view on the main monitor and spot view on the second monitor along with 512x512 textures, the textures are flickering (quit large triangles).1) Any idea how I can eliminate this2) In case this challenge can

Hi,Can you post a screenshots?You did mips one time the clouds before?-I would wait before uninstalling clouds-To uninstall 512x512, go to add and remove, uninstall ASVAE 512x512 part 1, 2, 3..ThanksChris WillisHiFi Simulation Software Team Developerhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Relax

>What happens if you use the 256 clouds?Hi Jim,It works fine with 256 clouds.

Guest Relax

Hi Chris,>Can you post a screenshots?The distortions affect basically only the arcraft in spot view on the second screen. It's a fast flickering of the aircraft textures. They show up outside of the aircraft. I tried many times to make a screen shot, but it's impossible. It always looks good on the shot.Otherwise my system and my FS2004 work flawless.>You did mips one time the clouds before?Yes, one time and I got a success message.>-I would wait before uninstalling clouds->To uninstall 512x512, go to add and remove, uninstall ASVAE>512x512 part 1, 2, 3..Yes I wait. I habe seen the entries for uninstall.Let's further try to tackle this challenge.

Hi,Not sure how to specifically do this, but try to disable hardware acceleration on the second monitor only. What may be happening is that with both monitors running off of one card, the card cannot keep up. Might also try locking your FPS and lowering your cloud draw distance. Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

Guest Relax

Hi Jim,I have ATI Catalyst 5.8 Driver and Control Center. I don't see the option to disable hardware acceleration on the second monitor only.I changed the locking parameter for my FPS from 30 to 25.I changed some settings for anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering a bit from quality oriented to performance oriented setting.And Bingo!!!!!, the flickering has gone.Great advise here, great product!Have a look here: Flicker-2nd-monitor.JPG

Guest Relax

Hi Jim,Meanwhile I have increased cloud draw distance, FPS rate and anisotropic filtering again.The culprit is the anti-aliasing filtering. I must reduce this setting from 6 to 4!Now my FS2004 and ASV are running excellent.