Sign in to follow this  
Guest rino

A clarification, please

Guest rino

Hi, enjoying the new ASV6! Really neat ...A bit complicated and somewhat confusing, sometimes, I've read that a simple explanation for the most common situations will shortly be given, I'm looking forward to itI'm very often getting consistent lateral shifts while in flight (general aviation, small aircrafts, about 9000 ft)I mean, It's not turbulence, just right and left shifts.Are those gusts? If you take a look at the red text above, the winds seem constant, and if you look at the ASV panel, no gusts are reported. Moreover, you cannot prevent them by checking disable gusts in FSUIPCCan someone explain?Thanx and merry christmas

Guest rino

Thanx, wind drift is zero, indeedSometimes, no effect at all, sometimes it is more noticeableI have to experiment more ...

Guest dwitek

I've upgraded to AV6. I don't know if this is related but yesterday I was trying to taxi for takeoff in a GA plane. The wind showed 58 knots although the METAR said less than 5. Every 3-4 seconds my plane would veer off to the left by about 45 degrees. It took me ten minutes to taxi into position at a small airport. Once I got into the air the wind went to what the METAR said. I've been using ASV for several months now and heve never seen that.