Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

Automatic Minimzation with B485

To anyone experiencing further automatic FS9 minimization issues:Please be sure to try B485 (top of forum) and post your latest findings here on this new thread. We've had numerous threads with different problems, some solved in recent beta updates, and need to re-organize and see who exactly is still experiencing this and if it is occuring in the same place/at the same time for all?The latest conclusions we have are: This occurs for 4 users, no other reports, and occurs only during the initial ASv6 update processes with Beta 485. Subsequent updates do not cause minimization.So please post here so we can organize the findings and get this solved. Please confirm/deny the above conclusions in your experience. Thanks!Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hmmm... I thought I had replied last night, but avsim seemed to have failed to post. The only correction I have from my experience is that the problem is not specfic to 485. I've had the issue since the first release of AS6. I just recently tried 485 to see if the problem was corrected and it wasn't. One more bit of info: I tried again a few days ago and before AS finished its initial processing I switched from having FS in full screen to windowed mode and there was no minimization. I haven't had the time to follow this up to see if more definitively whether the minimization is dependent on whether FS is full screen or not. But, up until that instance I always have FS in full screen while AS is processing. Mike

Guest Fishsticks

You can add me to the list of those who continue having the minimization issue. Seems to have started when I upgraded to v6, and I've continued updating with each beta (currently using 485). Issue has remained exactly the same... First I start AS, then FS, after about a minute (after initial weather update) FS will minimize, but only once... After that it seems to work flawlessly.I have learned to live with it, I just wait till my FS minimizes then open again and go on to select my aircraft, etc...Dave

Hi,Thanks for the feedback thus far.Can you please try the following and report your experience?- Turn off "Auto Refresh AI on first wx set" ASv6 option (save options, exit and restard both AS and FS)Also, if you have ever installed FSHotSeat, please let us know. Thanks!

Damian Clark

For no good reason other than I like to do things myself, I have never used the Auto Refresh AI option, so it's never been checked in my case. I refresh AI manually within AS after its initial processing, and for now after the minimization :-) Don't have FSHotSeat even installed. Mike

Guest merchant

>To anyone experiencing further automatic FS9 minimization>issues:>>Please be sure to try B485 (top of forum) and post your latest>findings here on this new thread. We've had numerous threads>with different problems, some solved in recent beta updates,>and need to re-organize and see who exactly is still>experiencing this and if it is occuring in the same place/at>the same time for all?>>The latest conclusions we have are: This occurs for 4 users,>no other reports, and occurs only during the initial ASv6>update processes with Beta 485. Subsequent updates do not>cause minimization.>>So please post here so we can organize the findings and get>this solved. Please confirm/deny the above conclusions in your>experience. Thanks!>>Best,>I have completed 2 flights with the latest beta and have not experienced minimization. Also, I am able to turn on ASG's auto submit option.

Guest Fishsticks

I did have "Auto Refresh AI on first wx set" enabled, so I de-selected it and restarted everything... no change. My FS still minimized after about a minute. I have never installed FSHotSeat. Dave

Guest merchant

I have found that starting ASV6 without a flight plan and with FS9 running automitic minimization can occur as the weather is updated. I only start FS9 without a flight plan for AI spotting and usually have ASV6 running before starting FS9.

Hi,So this is an automatic minimization that occurs on EVERY update, not just the initial update, and occurs only when a flight plan is not processed in AS?Thanks for the confirmation!Best,

Damian Clark

I have to disagree with the above statement. Since having RC4 I never have a flight plan filed in FS. I just start up at the initial airport and let RC do the rest, and still get minimization. I also have seen no difference in minimization as to whether I process a flight plan in AS or not. I have done some VFR work in the past two weeks with no flight plan and stil got minimization. Mike

Guest Fishsticks

With or without flight plan and minimization only occurs on INITIAL update here...At least, for me it seems to be related to the "Auto-Submit" selection under the GRAPHICS section. I have "Wx-Influenced" themes selected and if I enable the "Auto-Submit" then I get the minimization. With "Auto-Submit" de-selected, NO minimization. Either way it seems to load weather so I'm not sure what the difference is, but auto-submitting wx-influenced themes seems to be a good thing, so I keep it enabled and live with the one-time minimization at start up.Dave

Auto-Submit has long been identified as the trigger. I think what the AS folks are trying to figure out is why Auto Submit for ASG is causing the minimization Mike

Hi all,Please e-mail me at damianc@hifisim.com if you're interested in running a test build to help isolate this issue as it occurs on your system.Thanks!

Damian Clark

Haven't had much time this past week to do any extensive flying, but did do a quick VFR last evening. I haven't had any minimization for two flights now. The *ONLY* change has been the installation FSUIPC 3.6. I think some more testing is needed however and I'll try that next week and let you know if I can test some the build you mentioned if time constraints look better. Mike

Guest JIMJAM

I have been having this problem.I have also just recently added the new ver of fsuipc.I have the latest beta patch above.Other things Ive noticed. Sometime I do not see the ASV scrolling on top when the weather loads. Sometimes its takes forever to load and when I look, its loading weather stations I do not regonize. At least not those in the area Im flying.I have auto submit off as I am using FE's dxt clouds.With all the addons Im running with some such as fspassngers that I only use occasioally, eliminating the cause might take sometime.The problem is only a minor but I thought I would bring it to your attention.