Sign in to follow this  
Guest cirurgiao

AS6 in a WideFS machine & real world weather

Guest cirurgiao

HiI bought AS6 (tremenduous prog by the way!) and I'll place it in a 2nd pc (via WideFS) but I have some doubts:1) Do I need to have both pcs connected in a broadwide internet so the real world weather goes to both computers or just the main (FS9) machine connected can send the weather online to AS6?2) Is it indifferent to place AS6 in the 2nd pc either in root c: or in 2nd HD (d:)3) How do I get your AS6 support banner?ThanksEduardo

Hi Eduardo,Put AS on the non FS computer and connect it to the internet.AS will pick up the weather from the AS sservers on the Internet and then Widefs will 'inject' the weather data and textures into FS on the other computer.There is no need to have both computers connected to the Internet, just the one with Widefs client, that is the one NOT running FS.I have used this set up for years as I find the second PC useful for running other FS related programs, especially Squwakbox for VATSIM.It doesn't matter where you put AS6, just make sure you correctly share the main FS directory and the application data directory.One thing you might consider is creating a flight plan directory inside the AS directory, and share it. Then you can copy your FS flight plans from FS into that directory and call them from there for import into AS6.HTHDave

Hi,You are allowed one banner at AVSIM so you would need to get rid of the RC one.Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development Team Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/AirSource Member: http://www.air-source.us/FSEconomy Member:http://www.fseconomy.com/

Guest cirurgiao

Hi, DaveThanks for your very soon answer. You put some questions:1)Since I connect the 2nd pc (AS6) to internet, weather will be automatically sent to the "main" pc (FS9) via WideFS? Won't it affect FS9 own's weather?2) To share FS main directory and the application data directory what do I do? Is there any way to give the path? I'm novice in this kind of work3)I use FSNav(4.70). How do I create a flight plan inside AS directory? Or just to be sure I've understand: I create a flight plan with FSNav, then export it to FS9 directory, then copy it to the folder I created inside AS?Thanks againEduardo

Hi Eduardo,1) You don't use FS own weather, you use that provided by AS. In fact when you start AS and connect to the FS computer via Widefs, AS will automatically clear any weather set in FS. Just make sure you have 'rate of change' in FS weather set to zero.2)This is part of networking the two computers Eduardo. If you are new to this perhaps the easiest way is to run the Home Network wizard in Windows XP to network the two computers.Go to the FS9 directory and share that directory allowing all users on this network to change the files.Do the same for application data directory (you need to be able to view hidden files and folders).When that is done go back to the computer with Widefs client and map those two shared directories to a drive on the Widefs client computer, say drive Y: and drive Z:.I think the install instructions in AS take you through these steps, it's quite a while since I did my install.3)To use the 'flight plan' directory in AS that I mentioned in my previous post you need to share that directory on the Widefs client computer and then map to a drive on the FS computer. Essentially the same as mapping the FS directory but with the computer roles reversed, if you get what I mean.Create your flight plan as normal in FSNav and from the plan menu 'export' it to FS and save it.The flight plan will be saved in documents and settingsMy DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesCopy the file and then paste it into the flight plan directory in AS.Job done.I have just realised that there is a good tutorial posted in this forum which should help even more.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=28361&page=6th pinned topic.Good luck.Dave