Sign in to follow this  
Guest zauselbart

through with hifisim

Guest zauselbart

I am one of the morons who only own FSX and unfortunately bought AS 6.5 as the hifisim-webtsite promised me "AS now compatible with FSX!".I thought "great, let's have it".How big was my disappointment when I realized more than half of the features were not working with FSX (AS graphics, radar)! Hifisim played some trick on me and sold me crippleware, period! x( And now I shall pay again as you say "no update"?! I feel totally pi**ed!Thank you hifisim for stealing my money and spoiling the fun.I'm through with hifisim and even with flightsimulation as I will become angry from now on each time I will start FSX.Once again thank you! x(

Hello,Sorry you are not satisfied with your purchase of ASv6.5. We did try to make every attempt to explain that AR and ASG do not work with FSX and if you look at all sales material and purchase pages you'll see that prominently shown.ASv6.5's technology could not be made to interface with the newest FSX API and really an entirely new platform needed to be created to take things to the next level with FSX. We made ASv6.5 work as well in FSX as we could but you must understand there are limitations we are up against.Anyhow, we'll gladly refund your purchase of ASv6.5, just send order details to me at damianc@hifisim.com and it will be processed immediately. Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Damien,I bought Active Sky for the first time in December. I, too, purchased this because it was stated that it was fully supported in FSX. I was aware that a lot of features that were working in FS9 did not yet work in FSX, but the inference was that these were being worked on and I was happy to wait for solutions to be found.I feel somewhat aggrieved that at no point was it intimated that these features were proving impossible to work in FSX, let alone that you were already working on a new piece of software to replace it.Presumably I too qualify for a complete refund ?As an alternative, may I suggest that you offer that refund as a discount against the new product when it becomes available? It would seem appropriate to me that this could be offered to any of us who bought Active Sky 6.5 believing that it would eventually fulfill it's promise to fully work in FSX.Dave.

Hi Dave, All,Thanks for your feedback.FSX changed a lot of things for us, and at the time we made ASv6 as compatible as we could. But we hit too many limitations to really go where we wanted to. Since we have recently become more accustom to FSX we have finally been able to break past the level of ASv6 and this is mainly due to a completely different architecture.We're sorry your past 5 months with ASv6.5 were not enjoyable, and of course would offer a refund. We're also regretful that there was confusion as to any kind of promise to provide free new products or port over new product technology into ASv6.5 in order to enhance weather depiction with FSX. Obviously its not feasible to do that for reasons already stated and if an indication was made otherwise it was not our intent. With all that said we appreciate everyone's feedback and will certainly consider potential adjustment of the pricing structure but please realize there are new costs involved with the new products and a new development team who's worked very hard to be fairly compensated. This is a brand new thing, I cannot stress that enough, it is not an upgrade and nothing including developer resources nor previous technology was borrowed. We will work with what we can and see if there is an adjustment that can be made in everyone's favor.Please direct further feedback on this matter to tell-us@hifisim.com. We value our customers' feedback and look forward to hearing your thoughts.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest zauselbart

Hello Damian,First of all I want to apologize for my rude tone, sometimes I'm a little bit quick-tempered - neither did I want to insult you nor was it my intention to accuse you of theft!Thanks for the reply.As I purchased AS6.5 via the german simmarket-site and I don't give away creditcard details as a matter of principle, refunding could become a difficult operation. I guess I'll have to live with the situation.Thanks for the offer anyway (no cynism or sarcasm here :-)).Apologies and Best RegardsBoris