Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

Active Sky X Product and Support FAQ

This FAQ will be updated from time to time to keep up with current popular questions and answers. Please see this FAQ and search the forum before posting a new question as the topic may already have been addressed or discussed.Are your products available for instant download? Yes! After purchasing, you will be provided with download links and registration keys as required to get you up and running. The download servers support full resume and we have several mirrors, so downloading is a very easy process even for those with slower connection speeds.You can also purchase a CD with your product by selecting that product option when you checkout.Do you offer your products on CD?Yes! For $15 added to your order a high-quality CD will be created and shipped to you within 2-4 weeks depending on your location. We highly recommend this option for backup purposes!To order the CD , select Edit options in the checkout screen when you order your product, and select the CD Delivery item. You will still be able to download your software product instantly. The CD is an ADDED option.I need to re-download or receive a new key for a product I've purchasedIf it has been within 3 days of your purchase, you can login to the HiFi Software Marketplace (http://www.hifisim.com/shop) and view your orders history. In your orders you will see a download and license key link in the line item details. Click this and download as required!If it has been after 3 days, your link will automatically expire and you must request a new one from support. Please use the Contact us form from http://www.hifisim.com and include your order details. We do not offer permanent software redownload guarantees. It is your responsibility to backup your own software for future re-use as required.Note that if you only need your license key for a reinstall, you can always receive it from your orders history!What is your upgrade policy?We occasionally provide free updates to products which fix reported problems, enhance functionality, or even provide new features. This is stricly by HiFi's discretion and we do not guarantee updates.New versions of existing products (i.e. New version 2.0 from version 1.0) will generally be offered to previous version customers for a discount. The discount amount and end pricing depends on the products and situation. Again this is at HiFi's discretion.Brand new products and redesigns (i.e. Active Sky X and X Graphics) are not offered with an upgrade discount. These are not upgrades and have completely seperate concerns. Is there an upgrade discount available from ASV/ASv6 to Active Sky X?We occasionally offer "upgrade discounts" for certain new enhanced versions of previous products. Other products which are completely brand new, redesigned or otherwise not an "upgrade" of a previous product (such as Active Sky X and X Graphics) are not provided with upgrade discounts as they are completely separate in terms of development effort, costs and other business concerns.When an upgrade discount is available for a certain product it will be listed as a separate product item in our store (i.e. UPGRADE: Productname).We hope you understand our upgrade and pricing policies and we appreciate your continued support of our future development!If you would like to contact us and express your thoughts please e-mail tell-us@hifisim.com. We value our customers' feedback!I am getting an error that SP1 SimConnect cannot be foundWhen .NET 2.0 is not installed on the system when FSX or SP1 is installed, the proper managed SimConnect files may not be installed. To correct this situtation, uninstall SP1 via add/remove programs (check the box at top to show updates). Do not remove FSX, just the SP1 update. Then reinstall SP1. SimConnect should now be installed with the proper configuration.I am unable to connect to download weatherAccess to the HiFi DataNet X servers is done via normal http (port 80). You may need to configure your internet connection and/or proxy configuration (if your ISP uses it). If you can browse via web browser to http://www.hifisim.com, you can be assured your connection is ok.Map redraw in X Gauge or the ASX Map screen is slowYou may be able to take advantage of the "Force High Priority Processes" option which speeds up ASX. Map draws should generally take 4-6 seconds in X Gauge when a button is pressed, <3 seconds in ASX Map screen when button presse, and 15 seconds on average when at idle following aircraft movement (X Gauge or ASX Map). Is FSUIPC required?No, Active Sky X uses SimConnect to directly interface with FSX. This is a recommended Microsoft solution to interfacing and is recommended for future compatibility.If you are using FSUIPC, we recommend turning off all weather-related features and options.How do I use ASX on a separate PC?This is easily accomplished with some basic networking configuration and installation of SimConnect on the client PC. You must have the Deluxe version of FSX and of course FSX SP1 and SDK SP1a updates are required.For more information please see the ASX documentation's "Networked Configuration" section.I receive security prompts from Vista when installing or running ASX This is normal, as the program is required to modify certain files in FSX for operation, and requires administrator-level rights. If you do not wish to be prompted when admin rights are required, you can turn UAC off in Vista Security options. Please see your Vista documentation for more information.I am having a problem installing X Gauge into certain aircraftSome third-party aircraft may not confirm to normal panel.cfg convention and XGaugeWizard may have problems. You'll see an error notice during install when this happens. This does not affect installation of X Gauge into other aircraft (errors only on individual panels).If this occurs, you can manually insert the gauge into the panel.cfg file using the other aircraft panel.cfg files as reference. Please see the FSX SDK documentation for more information about editing panel files.You can also send us your panel.cfg to our support@hifisim.com address and we can provide adjustments in our code for future revisions to handle this kind of configuration.How can I tell ASX to point to a different FSX or FSX Appdata folder?Networked users may benefit from manual specification of their FSX and FSX Appdata paths.This is explained in the documentation's "Networked Configuration" section.By default ASX will attempt to use your locally specified location via registry keys. If these are not found you will be prompted to browse for them, then the locations will be saved. The documentation explains where these values are saved so you can manually specify the locations.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies