Sign in to follow this  
Guest airmail

TAF Processing

Guest airmail

Hi,I'd like to know if TAF processing is inside the engine as in AS6? I haven't seen anything about that in the docs./Mats

Hello,TAF processing as existed in ASv6 is not in ASX. Instead we now can use FSX internal dynamics which in turn uses calculations to come up with condition and random influences. The end result is something in between what you might get with ASv6 TAF processing and something totally random. We feel its much more realistic compared to fixed weather per forecast...With that said, work continues on enhancements, and forecasts are a target area :)Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest airmail

Ok, not the answer I wanted to hear but thanks for letting me know. If a station drops out during a long flight does the metar change to reflect these dynamic/random changes? Before when I saw the metar was old, I looked at the TAF to see what to expect at the destination.Also I could see a problem using the engine offline. Before the TAF took more and more precedence showing the forecasted weather. Now it drifts into more and more random weather. I understand TAFs are not present in every station and a random element was in there too but it felt more realistic. I see it's still in the report so I hope you bring it back in again./Mats