Sign in to follow this  
Guest mjtibbs

A Couple ASX Newb Questions

Guest mjtibbs

Hi,My mentality (from fs2004 days) was always that I could download real-world weather so why bother with Active Sky.Ive been looking at the screenies for ASX and ####....... I think im gonna have to make a purchase.But just a couple Q's,1- Does it work directly with the weather engine in FSX but add its own types of clouds/textures etc, or does it completly use its own weather engine?2- Does it use the same data from the jeppeson servers? if so, how come the cloud coverage/weather complexity looks so much more detailed than default FSX?3- Do you have to set the FSX weather to "clear" for it to ignore any FSX generated weather?thanks

Guest mjtibbs

oh comon... "d-a-m-n" is considered an expletive on this forum?thats censorship on another level :/

HI, 1-ASX and xg both togheter, use types of clouds/textures and use its own asx weather engine2-ASX use private server and more complex then default, in fact you can have up to 20 clouds layers in asx, but by default we set to 7 for performance, + there is many option for weather to select.3-You don't have to do anything, it will replace automaticaly, you don't need to click anything in fsx for weather, ASX control everything.ThanksChris Willishttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-dev-sigbanner.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest mjtibbs

thanks for the info! I may have to make a purchase!