Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Dreier

AS6.5 on 'client' computer & Vatsim?

I'm running FS9 (using Vatsim) on my main desktop computer, while running Squawkbox on my wireless networked laptop. Here's my question. Since I run Active Sky interfacing with Vatsim (in the options), should I also place AS on the 'client' laptop computer - using WideFS, of course? And, by doing this, will I save significant resources on my main computer where FS9 is installed and run? Thanks!!!!

Thanks. I have it 99% set up, but have a problem that I can't seem to solve. I get the following message in ASG: "Unable to back up FS9 Texture Folder...could not find part of the path C:Documents and SettingsChuckNetHoodSharedDocs on DESKTOP(Desktop)Texture"That folder is on my Desktop, but for some reason I can't enable sharing for this folder. Any idea how to get this resolved since I'm almost "there"? Thanks!

Quite frustrating....i HAVEN'T GOTTEN it to work after all. In the ASG.ini file, I've entered = "FS9Texture on DESKTOP (Desktop" [its mapped to my FS9 Texture folder} and I have that entry showing in My Network Places on the notebook computer. However, when I attempt to update ASG I get a message that some files could not be updated. Any ideas?

Jim,I am confused. Since ASG is on my notebook computer, and FS9 is on my main (desktop) computer, I allowed sharing of FS9 (Desktop) on the wireless network. AS6.5 is mapped correctly to FS9 and sees it perfectly; however, ASG can't seem to find it. I'm going to My Network Places and using the network link to FS9 (at least I THINK that's what I'm doing)? Thoughts, and thanks for your patience.

I'm sorry that it's taken so long to post the outcome. I finally have everything 'communicating' like it should. I was trying to see if the change worked, immediatley after making the change, but it seems that I had to do a 'restart' before the new setting would take place. Thanks again.