so is x-gauge simply the cockpit manifestation of the map? that's nice and simple, and i already have been using x-gauge.thanks.steve chavin

Guest involution

I love the way ASX works and looks (just waiting for that wind fix), but I have the same problem reported in the 'first major review,' a very slow X gauge, so slow that I just gave up on it and periodically open the regular ASX window. Is this a Vista or Nvidia (or whatever) problem, or is it the same for everybody? (The slow updates happen everytime I push a button to change the display, check out a different wind level, etc). The regular ASX map updates much faster, for some reason.

Guest involution

Right, the 'downloading' message stays on a good bit (it's seconds, of course, not minutes, but enough lag to be noticeable on the background of the rest of the cockpit). The refresh I think is fine (is that one controlled by a parameter in the options? I haven't changed it form the default. I also hesitate to use the 'force priority process' option, in case it messes up with the functionality of FSX (it took me a while to find a working set-up, and haven't had OOM crashes in a few weeks).