Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

AS6 weather unstable on ground

Hi Jim... I am still having various problems with AS, particularly on the ground. I load a Wx file (I work offline mostly you may remember) and then a flight plan, and then start FS9 in the usual way. Once FS9 opens at the airport, AS unpauses and starts writing the weather data. OK so far...But as I sit on the ground, the sky conditions never seem stable. The 'decoded' pane in the AS window shows 'no clouds' and 6.5 NM visibility (for instance). But FS9 draws in clouds anyway (I can cope with that), but if I just sit and watch, these clouds then start to disappear, then are redrawn, & re-disappear: then the sky goes completely white (overcast?). Then after 15" or so, back to a light blue sky, clouds drawn - and then disappear. And so it goes on as long as I care to watch.I have fiddled around with the options settings, disabling writes on the ground and so on, but to no avail. My ini file is as below...I never did get the 'fixed' wx files you sent me a few months back to work either - the weather shown in the decoded section of the AS window and that in FS9 not matching up at all. For now though, I really just want to get the cloud cover & visibility to stop being redrawn every 15 seconds, so advice very welcome on this. (Wondering if I should uninstall AS6 and start again by this stage??).Oh, one other thing, as I have GE Pro, should I have 'Enable GE Pro Submit on New FP' checked or not? Can't work out from the manual what the benefits of this are. I launch GE Pro via the AS interface in order to load ground textures & my flight. Does checking this option mean I don't need to do this?Many thanks!Martin-----------//ASv6.5 configuration file Build 533[General]WindowPosX = 33480WindowPosY = 3300DefaultWeatherFolder = G:Flight Simulator 2004ModulesASv6Weather Data FilesSuppressionCeiling = 18000SurfaceWindLimit = 10FS9Path = G:Flight Simulator 2004PersonalAppDataFolder = C:Documents and SettingsMartinApplication DataCloudLayerLimit = 3LocalSuppressionRange = 100MinimumVisibility = 0.5MaximumVisibility = 59AutoVasFrequency = 30AutoVasStrength = 30TurbulenceFrequency = DefaultStartupLocation = EGLLDefaultGraphicsFullTheme = DefaultGraphicsCirrusTheme = AutoSubmitGraphicsTheme = FalseIncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForcePrimaryServer = FalseForceSecondaryServer = FalseGEProAutoSubmit = TrueUseFetchedStationforGEPro = TrueShowDecodedMBasDecimal = FalseSkyOverride = GEPROFavorCumulus = TrueForceRoutePressure = FalseForceLowestCeiling = FalseUnpauseOnReadyStatus = TrueDisableWriteThrottle = FalseDisableProcessThrottle = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = TrueAutoSetFSTime = TrueIgnoreFSLocationUntilReady = TrueAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueAutoRefreshAI = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseEnableGEProWideFSMode = FalseExtendedThrottling = FalseForceRouteAloftTemp = FalseOfflinePlayback = FalseEnableVAS = TrueAutoGenVAS = TrueForceDestinationWeatherZone = TruePreventIcing = TrueOnlineUpdates = FalseExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseDisableAllGroundUpdates = FalseGlobalWrites = TrueDepictFS9HazeLayer = FalseExtendTstormLayers = TrueDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = FalseDisableGroundUpdates = TrueUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = FalseIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = TrueLimitCloudLayers = TrueAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = TrueAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 10VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = 1AloftPredictability = 90WindDriftRate = 60MaxCloudThickness = 8000MinStratusSeparation = 8000TAFProcessing = TrueEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = FalseStartPaused = TrueUseSystemTime = FalseDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONELastPlanFolder = C:Documents and SettingsMartinMy DocumentsFlight Simulator Files

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Martin,You can try a reinstall, but I think it is because you are forcing your destination weather and for short flights you are getting both your departing and destination weather being shown. Try with the force destination weather option turned Off.If you use flight plans a lot then use the flightplan to start GEP. If you use a fetched station then use that option as you are doing now.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

I tend mostly to fly relatively long flights, with departure and destination at least 500kms apart. The problem seems worse at some places than others - the one I noticed yesterday, which was particularly bad, was at Kabul (OAKB), with clouds disappearing and being redrawn as I indicated. I managed to get this 'under control' by finding a day for the flight when there were few or no clouds. Even then, the visibility and sky colour (pale, then grey, then back again and so on) keeps fluctuating... Not wild about trying a reinstall, I must admit!Yes, I generally start up FS with a pre-saved flight plan. Not quite sure what you mean by "use the flightplan to start GEP" though.Any advice on the "Enable GE Pro Submit on New FP" setting by the way?Martin :-)