Hello, I have had ASv6 running with FS9 for a while now, however, for some reason I've been having this exact problem:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchI've tried the Render to Texture and 32-bit clouds, but FS still freezes after a while, however it only happens when flying into heavily-cloud-laden skies, if I'm flying in clear conditions with or without AS, all runs fine. I've tried this with no 3rd-party sceneries or AFCADs with the same result, system specs are Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, Nvidia 7800GT graphics, 2GB RAM, 180GB hard drive where FS is installed. I also have installed GE Pro and Flight Environment textures, I use no ASG textures.

Hi Ron,We'll see what we can do:1. Video card drivers up to date?2. Video card overheating?3. System has enough cooling?4. What is your cloud draw distance set to?5. Any error messages?6. If you run dxdiag, do all the video tests run OK?Please let us know.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

1. Yes2. No, stays about 80 degrees C which is about what it has always run at.3. It should.4. 80 miles5. No6. YesI run my system at 1680x1050 resolution, if it makes a difference. However, it used to this with only AS running, now it is doing it more and more without AS, so now I'm leaning towards a problem with FE cloud textures. I'll let you know if anything else develops.

Also, would it help to tune down the cloud density and percentage?After having gone totally default as far as cloud and sky textures go, I still have this same problem. I am using the same saved flight where this started occuring, just switching between default and addon aircraft to see if I find a link in them, could the saved flight itself be the problem? Perhaps the sim isn't having issues, it is just that particular flight file? Because just last week I was flying though heavy-density overcast skies with complex addon aircraft, with Flight Environment, and with ASv6 without any issues, and this problem just sprang up within the last flight or two. I haven't added any addons since last week, nor have I changed anything in FS's settings. Right now I don't have time to get a full, long flight going to test, I just test right now in periods when I find time or I'd try it, but is that a possibility?

Where I was having this problem was descending into KATL around FL180-FL200, so I set up a descent not using the saved flight and all went well, it's very odd.