Sign in to follow this  
Justin Toposim

Landclass problem, FS Gen beta 6

I have a small problem around NY city with the beta version ofFS Genesis landclass. It may be fixed in the pay version (which I will get) I just thought I would post this to see if anyone else sees something like this. Maybe i installed it wrong or have some kind of conflict? Also is there a place to report things like this to FS Genesis?http://www.flightsimmers.net/airport/hornit/nyc.jpg

HI Hornit,First, the best place to report this stuff is the BugTracker under the Support tab at http://www.fsgenesis.net. That will ensure it will get looked at, and if possible addressed.On first inspection, this looks like the boundary between the photoreal NYC textures and the landclass.But I'll take a closer look at it and see what can be done. I might be able to fudge the landclass a bit to achieve a less-noticeable transition.ThanksJustinFSG

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

Yeah thats what I thought it was also Justin. I will check out the bug reports section, thank you. I don't now how to mess with the landclass, but what I was thinking is what you suggested, just a little fudge here and there along the boundary would make it much less noticeable. You can see that the southerly area is a bit better blended due to the type of landclass which is on the outside of the photo real textures. Thanks for the swift reply!!Hornit

Guest sgreenwood

Hi Justin,Since the issue of NYC has come up, :)>I might be able to fudge the landclass a bit to achieve a >less-noticeable transition.There is another issue as well, so here are a few observations from a novice with little knowledge of landclass data.With your landclass data it's own folder, Priority set to 1, the boundary in the image above does not exist. But the photorealistic scenery is lost, and Manhattan looks very different. Moving your data and Priority down to just above the default terrain and scenery (to Area.003) solves the Manhattan problem, but introduces the boundary problem seen above.The landclass data for New England by Michael Ouellette (which includes NYC and northern NJ) exhibits neither of these phenomena, no matter what the Priority level.He seems to have set the landclass value for the area including and around the area covered by the photorealistic textures to 254 (transparent). This approach takes advantage of the effort MS has gone through to blend their landclass data with their photorealistic scenery, eliminates the boundary issue, and adds flexibility to the position and Priority of a separate landclass data folder in scenery.cfg. Not bad for a solution that seems easier to implement.I hope this is helpful,Stevewww.fs-traveler.com