Sign in to follow this  
HawaiianCondor

How can I remove statics from Bill Melichar's Guam?

Hey Gang!Can someone enlighten me as to how can I get rid of the static aircraft at PGUM (Guam Intl) by Bill Melichar? It seems like the statics are hitting the frams pretty good in this scenery and I'd like to smooth things out. ANy help is appreciated!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullerthttp://www.aavirtual.com/images/aav48_banner.gif[/img]

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Change density setting to normal.Very good Scenery.It's too bad about the recent super typhoon that more or less flatten the islands.Jeff "Ace" FreyEwa Beach, Hawaii

Usually if you go into the scenery files there are .bgls for the static airplanes that can be removed, at least in the commercial add-ons it works that way.Your right Jeff about the typhoon, a friend of mine who endured it said that winds reached gusts to 180 mph before the equipment was carried away. The fuel farm burned and most of the island still doesn't have power and water back after two weeks. We have been loading up C-130's here in Honolulu with relief supplies, and relying a lot on the Navy Seabees to get the infrastructure back up for the Coast Guard people in Guam. Some of the relief equipment we usually send is still out there from the last typhoon in July. This was a real whopper even by Guam standards.Also had a tough SAR case this week, 51 yoa single pilot left Honolulu last Sunday for Majuro, RMI (2100 nm to the SSW over water) in a twin engine Piper Seneca, with extra fuel tanks I presume. Rumor is his friends tried to talk him out of it. He apparently got disoriented near the halfway point, Johnston Atoll and was told to declare an emergency for possible landing but never did. We had the Hercs from Barbers Pt up doing trackline searches for 4 days and found nothing, suspended the search on Thursday. Sad ending. It's a big ocean out here and she is often nasty and unforgiving!regards,chris