Hi,Sorry for the problems you are having. We need to troubleshoot a bit first:What ASX settings are you using?In FSX is weather marked to Used Defined while ASX is running?Does ASX recognize your current location in FSX?Is it possible to post a screen shot?With your "mark1" XGraphics theme are you using one of the clear Cirrus(ovc) textures either Overcast 4 or Overcast 5? If not, you may be seeing the visibility layer in FSX.Does ASX connect to the Internet and download weather data OK?Please let us know.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest celt43

ASX settings =auto downloads all on default settings.Yes FSX says user defined. And ASX is saying its connected and completed weather setup when in FSX.Yes ASX finds the station and the airport fine each time.Im located at for example Bankstown airport, Sydney Australia. Right this second its saying the same as always even after a refresh and a new download. it says overcast. The sky is clear and blue here. I live one mile from Bankstown airport. The sun is shining and there is not a cloud in sight but by the download from ASX its overcast and cloudy here???? Shows it on the map as cloud cover.But its doing the same for all locations. Overcast or broken cloud no matter what the real location is. The map shows cloud cover where there should be none. Checked from weather stations online and from FSXs own built in downloaded weather. FSX gets it right. I go to ASX and I get only overcast or broken cloud.This was happening before I purchased X graphics. I will go back to default settings for FSX and X graphics and see for sure. Will do that tonight as Im now late for work.Will post some screen shots tonight as well.And yes ASX connects to the net fine and downloads fine. But just gets it wrong even with FSX NOT running.will update this tonight.thanks. very frustrating for sure... :)

Guest celt43

The screen shots are from this morning 9.22 AM Bankstown, (Bankstown Airport) Sydney NSW Australia.It was a clear blue sky here at Bankstown but ASX says it was scattered clouds which in FSX looks like overcast ??I have tried more airports and stations from around the world and my ASX is getting it wrong by a large margin?If I do not use ASX and use FSX own built in weather download the weather is very close to real and correct.what is wrong with my ASX why is the stations sending the wrong information about the clouds.. ? Sydney and the surrounding area are constantly covered in broken clouds or overcast while in ASX even though they are clear skies.I cannot tell tonight as real overcast has rolled in for tonight, so ASX is saying broken clouds as it does each time. But I know that once it clears back to blue clear skies my ASX will still report with each download broken cloud or overcast which shows on the ASX map as well as in FSX.I thought I was buying a more accurate real weather downloader than FSX but so far FSX own weather downloads are more accurate.help please, are the stations wrong ? if so why?Three pics attached. Clear sky was outside but the weather downloaded for this area shows lots of cloud. The last pic shows a problem, it says at the airport, station NO clouds, no rain. But the color shows heavy rain and lots of clouds ?????

Guest celt43

I dont get clear skys when there should be clear skys.Everywhere i go in the sim I have the same broken cloud that looks like overcast. I tried my own city and the same. I walk out side and the sky is clear and deep blue, not a cloud in site.Active sky X is wrong.I loaded in one after another airports from around the world and the same weather in the sim, cloud cover.I turned off ASX and used the built in weather downloads off the net and the weather is what it should be. ASX gets it wrong.why?so far Im not impressed with it at all.Only had it less than a week.can I get a refund?

Guest celt43

Hi..Settings page screenshot attached. All on default...will try today your new settings. What percentage for the first one? It's real overcast and broken clouds here today at Bankstown airport so the ASX is correct today. LOL But seems to be way wrong when the weather clears? Is there a "past" day ( historic) I can download for an airport some where that you know is 100% clear blue skies. To see if ASX can display it correctly in the report page, map page and in FSX.Thanksmark

Guest celt43

Did not get online to the night but YSSY Sydney was still clear..Ok today ASX is getting closer to being correct.I did what you asked and the weather was close to the real reports except ASX was saying clear below 20,000 feet BUT in FSX there was a layer of foggy like cloud at about 4000 feet or slightly lower and the reported scattered cloud at 20,000 was there and correct.(See sceenshot) you can see the strange layer as a foggy cloud over the city and out over the ocean.I turn off ASX and this strange lower layer vanished?I used the FSXs own downloaded weather and it was not there either.This strange cloud layer from ASX while viewed from the ground looked like thin overcast and when above it it looks like thin overcast or light fog. Did not show in the ASX report or map and in real life it was not there. Im getting closer to the best correct settings..So far the FSX built in weather download is more accurate for here??That cant be true?The settings you mentioned do they fill up FSX with clouds when no clouds are reported? They are now set to zero but this strange lower cloud keeps appearing. I tried other airports and its there too??

Guest celt43

If I turn off ASX and load the FSXs own downloaded weather it vanishes instantly? The Jefferson ( not sue of spelling) downloaded weatherdoes not show it? Why does ASX trigger it?Now Im confused ?Now its graphics Xs fault?Dont the both work together? with FSX?The first screenshot is ASX showing this strange low cloud layer when ASX says clear below 20,000 feet.The second screenshot is FSX own downloaded live weather.As you can see it has vanished and it more accurate.both shots taken within one minute.now what?Please do not tell me that you cannot help anymore.why does ASX trigger this if it is FSX own layer?is it something in X graphics to adjust or turn off?Still as my topic title says " not happy" Im a disabled person on a pension, I cannot afford to lose money on a product that has problems?:(

Hi,FSX weather will trigger this also. What is your maximum visibility set at in ASX? Or better yet, a new screen shot of your settings screen.In X Graphics, Cirrus OVC #4 and #5 are perfectly clear. It is a solution, not the cause.FSX uses this layer of clouds to control visibility.I'll be back in the morning to help more!Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest celt43

Ok will do..sorry I sounded a bit mean in the previous post.Just getting frustrated, all I want is to enjoy my new programs like everyone else.The X graphics Cirrus (ovc) was set to X graphics default. Is this the problem ?Does the cloud draw distance or any cloud settings in FSX itself effect it as well? So much to learn !! LOLASX is set to defaults. See screenshot later today.will be back with the new screens in a few hours.

Guest celt43

Screenshots from my reply above. (see previous post for details.)Still says clear below 20,000 feet but still getting this annoying foggy effect close to the ground each time. and again sorry I got a little abrupt but its a frustrating problem.

Guest celt43

the last screenshots were taken with Cirrus OVC set 4 ??This is where Im now confused over it all..Seems to be there every airport and weather I choose.Fly under it and it looks like fog or overcast, fly into it and it looks like fog, fly above it and it looks like overcast. Sometimes it vanishes when flying above it??? Suddenly its clear looking below. Drop down a few hundred feet and suddenly it magically appears again? looks odd, looks wrong. Goes away if dont run ASX.So do I have a corrupted file somewhere? FSX? ASX? Xgraphics ?now what? a reinstall ?