Sign in to follow this  
Guest SlimDady

LOL i was thinking this would be fun,. has anyone tried

Guest SlimDady

This would be a fun little game.If you have a laptop that runs fs2002, and your on a flight, try to fly the same flight you are taking with an airline and see if whats out the window will match whats on ur screen.?? Or can u beat the pilot home..But then I began thinking u cant always have your pc on during the flight

SlimDadyThat's a great idea. But until CH releases laptop yoke and pedals my stuff stys at home! ;-)By the way I recently heard some carriers are in the stage of putting satellite broadband connections on their planes. Just connect to Vatsim and your favorite real weather program. And you'll be a real back seat driver! :-)Happy Holidays

The person who used to publish MicroWings, his name is McKAy I think used to do this a lot. He would get a lot of attention from the other passengers, as he would fly MSFS and land at the same time as the actual plane was landing. I remember reading about it on MicroWings website back in the mid 90's.

"The problem is that they won't let you turn on the computer until 10 mins after departure though..."Just use time accel to synch your virtual flight with a known point and heading on your real one. About an hour before landing, use time accel again to establish a virtual landing and landing time. I think where this'd be the most fun would be on a transatlantic or transpacific hop. I flew transatlantic so often between '77 and '95 that I knew within 5-10 minutes when we'd be coming up on the Irish Coast or Newfoundland. I used to say to the pax next to me "Landfall" about five minute ahead of where I thought we'd finish the crossing, and you'd see him or her peering out the window. Always fooled 'em--they wondered what type of vision I had. Only flew one transpacific route, from SFO to Narita. Had to be the most boring flight I've ever taken. Except for a glimpse of the Aleutians, I never saw anything until Fuji appeared shortly before our landing in Tokyo. A laptop on that flight would have been a welcome diversion, although the flight itself was back in '92, which would have kept my options to FS4 or ATP :)-John