Sign in to follow this  

Very disappointed! There IS a need for a Connie.

While I am delighted with the excellent work you guys have done on the B-25, I was very disappointed by your decision to drop plans to do a Connie. I can not think of anyone else that would have done justice to that plane. I would like you to please reconsider and give it some more thought. I'm not saying that your decision was taken ligtly. It probably was the result of much discussion and logistical imperatives. However, I'd like to suggest something to you and your group. Since the stated objective of your group is to raise funds for MAAM (a great and important mission which I wholeheartedly endorse, by the way) and since I believe that there would be a considerable demand for a "state-of-the-art" Connie for FS2002/04, How about putting the decision to a vote here on Avsim? I may be wrong, of course, but I have a feeling that a great deal of people would vote for it and therefore make it a worth while investment in time and resources. This would be a win-win situation for MAAM and the FS community. Please consider this request in the spirit in which it is offered, that is whith the utmost respect for your work and a wish for MAAM to do well financially.Best regards,Gianluca

Developers don't make any (or much) money from this type of stuff. They do it because they love to do it. I don't think they would respond well to people telling them what to do with their time. Perhaps you could start a team and create a Connie. I'm sure it would be a welcome addition to the flight sim community. In the mean time, look at that B-25!!! Thanks Marc

Hi GianlucaLet me set you straight, because I think you may have misinterpreted a remark I made in the docs. We have NEVER even considered doing a Constellation. Our stated mission is to reproduce only the aircraft in the collection of our museum, as we are an official arm of MAAM. Besides making money for the programs of MAAM, we want to engender interest in our collection so that people will come to the museum, or to air shows where we exhibit. I think it could be fairly said that our R4D package has made MAAM's R4D-6 #50819 the most famous single real DC-3 in the world -certainly among FS aficionados. Because of this, I have, several times, personally hosted visitors from Europe who came all the way to Reading, PA to see her!! Why should we publicize someone else

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Bill,So.....if I can arrange for a 747-400 to be dropped off at the MAAM, as a donation, you will then get to work on that one too? GrinSeriously, the Briefing Time is truly a work of art and you and the rest of your team have set a brand new standard for any classification...payware, freeware, or commercial.Bar none.Regards,Mel

Hi BillHope you have a C-45 or AT-6 at MAAM. Thats my vote.. Worked on the C-47, C-45, AT-6 and the B-25 while in the Air Force...Telling my age now...Fly the R4D with DC-3 Airways about 99% of my flying..Built my own DC-3 cockpit with dual controls and dual P/T/M and can't wait for the BT to get here.... You guys have brought back some great memories.. Thanks for your outstanding work....FoxPS,,, 68 and feeling young again.....HEYHEY..

Guest Ted_Pan

Bill,I understand your reasons and fully accept them... still though... a strong twinge inside... The work you guys do is nothing short of stunning... What I'd do for a Connie done up like only you all do.... My first flight on an airliner was a Connie, Western Airlines...What a flight, what a plane... ;)Thanks for these awesome planes... I deeply gratified on several levels... Regards,Ted Panamarioff - Kodiak, Alaska

Guest jaapverduijn

"(...) Built my own DC-3 cockpit (...)"Pictures! Drawings! Measurements! Hints and tips! Wow! PLEEEEESE...!Jaap Verduijn (in a state of great excitement!)