Sign in to follow this  

Uncommanded ROC when changing views

There are OLD pilots and BOLD pilots, but no OLD BOLD pilotsHi all,This might be a question better directed to Bill Rambow but here goes.When flying in the normal cockpit mode [level flight]and then switching to the co-pilot's side,the aircraft commences a 4500ft/minclimb!Same goes for the change to top gunner's position.This is using the key pad selections.No problem with selecting the other views.Lots of unprintable words are spoken when the captain hands over to the co-pilot on finals!!!!!!!!:-fumeAny help to fix this would be appreciated.befree :-newbie

Only thing I can think of... have you perhaps changed the elevator trim or elevator commands in the 'Assignments'? I had the same (more or less) - and that was because of trim. After I had deleted that assignment (elevator trim via the "Antenna elevation" of my HOTAS Cougar) flying straight & level suddenly was an option again ;) GertEdit: Typing error

Hello Bill, this also happened to me yesterday. I have changed cockpit views before while flying in the B-25 and not had a problem, but when switching between the pilot and co-pilot views yesterday i had the severe pitch up. It's almost as if the trim goes haywire. Maybe Microsoft did something where our planes try to get even with us on March 20th or something :-laugh1

This sounds very much like FS2002 is receiving double commands on key presses which may be traced to either a duplicate assignment in the FS2002 control menu or some other proprietry key command using 3rd party software and hardware.This is especially a possibility if you are using the number pad on your keyboard to issue view commands, since the default trim keys are also on the number pad.Hope this points anyone with this problem to a solution.Best Regards,Rob YoungMAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, and Young

Guest jaapverduijn

Greetings!I have a related issue, namely the aircraft pitchng up considerably when I change from virtual cockpit to 2D panel view. It's done that from the beginning, and it really doesn't bother me much: I simply take it as "one of these things". Nothing is perfect, but BT cmes SO darn close that you won't hear me complain about a minor issue!But since it was brought up here, I'd like to add my two eurocents...Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

Since none of us (the developers) has ever experienced this pitch-up behavior, nor were there any reports of this phenomenon by the beta team throughout a rather extensive testing period, it is not a normal occurence that we want to just blow off. So we are hoping you guys will discover what is causing it so we can put it in the FAQ.Can you try resetting your FS key commands to default, turn off ActiveCamera, and any other side programs you might have running in or alongside FS to see if that stops the pitch up?ThanksBill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, and Younghttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest Edd1

I, too have experienced this unusual (trim?) thing. So far, as I remember, it happens only when using the keyboard to switch pilots controls. I will be more observant and try to document some data.I have not experienced this in any version of the R4D. Thanks for a great plane. The noise level inside the B-25 has been discussed previously. I can attest to that. While a member of a B-29 crew (1950-54) at Randolph AFB, Tex., I caught a hop on a B-25, used as a courier, from Kelly AFB, Tex to Andrews AFB. After being accustomed to the pressurization of the B-29 the noise level inside the B-25 was extremely loud. Thanks again. Edd1

Hello,I don't have any additional information about the events preceding the pitch change but I have expereinced it during initial climb when using the icons on the panel to switch to the copilot's view. Does Tim have a heavy hand that you guys were trying to model accurately? (Sorry about the Tim comment. I got snicker from the thought and had to share it.)Happy Flying,Larry Brown

Guest GZR_Frenchy

Same experience here, Larry.I give the trim wheel about 25 clicks before attempting a take off. A few more are always needed to adjust for a steady climb out. Next when using the icon to swith to the copilots view the plane needs to be trimmed out again while trying to hold the nose down with the joystick.After this initial process it is rock steady for the rest of the flight. Didn't mention it until now as I had become used to it. Still flying her every day on my trip around the world. Started in Providence, Rhode Island, USA and am now in Athens, Greece. Wonderful airplane!!Frenchy -- out.

After many attempts yesterday to reproduce the pitch up problem I encountered a few days ago I have been unsuccessful. I flew BT in the same configuration when I first encountered this problem and switched back and forth between the views many times but she flew fine. It's really weird that it only happened to me one time. This was while I was switching panels using the icons rather than the keyboard. Has anyone else had the problem recently?Darrell

Guest GZR_Frenchy

--- and going around the world in the MAAM B-25. Yep, I have been quite for a bit of time lately. Well, started flying the B-25 out of Providence, Rhode Island, USA. Hope to end up in San Diego, California, USA. Well, with a few little stops on the way. Really enjoy flying over mountains and following coast lines. Planning the trip as I go along. Want to try and fly over the Himalayas. The trip from Frankfurt to Athens was very enjoyable. Decided to fly to Baghdad and help support the troops. Now that I seem to be able to stretch the fuel it is time to see how high the B-25 will go. Attached is a pic of her just going through 30,000 feet and still just barely climbing at only 140 mph. That means she should make it -- just barely. Not really taking all this real serious as consider it training. Hope the B-25 will work in Fs9. I'm sure it will. Then I will make the trip again in the new sim. Here is where we are up to ----- Providence (KPVD) to Concord NH (KCON) ADF 206 -- 89.6 nm Completed 3/9 (KCON) to Gander, Newfoundland (CYQX) ADF 280 --782 nm Completed 3/9 (CYQX) to Kangerlussuaq, Greenland (BGSF) ADF 382 -- 1,091nm Emergency 3/10 Had to land at Nuuk, Greenland (BGGH) almost out of petro. (BGGH) to Kangerlussuaq, Greenland (BGSF) -- 170 nm Completed 3/11 (BGSF) to Reykjavik, Iceland (BIRK) ADF 379 - 728nm Completed 3/12 (BIRK) to Edinburgh, Scotland (EGPH) ADF 368 - 737nm Completed 3/13 (EGPH) to Dublin, Ireland (EIDW) ADF by way of Sligo, Ireland (EISG)ADF 384 Completed 3/14 (EISG) to Dublin, Ireland (EIDW) Completed 3/14 (EIDW) to London, England (EGKK) ADF 365 - 260 nm Completed 3/15 (EGKK) to Lisbon, Portugal (LPPT) ADF 382 -- 832 nm Completed 3/16 (LPPT) to Cagliani, Sardina (LIEE) ADF 371 -- 847nm Completed 3/17 (LIEE) to Frankfurt, Germany (EDDF) ADF 382 -- 648nm Completed 3/19 (EDDF) to Athens, Greece (LGAT) ADF 357 -- 976nm Completed 3/23 (LGAT) to Baghdad, Iraq (ORBS) ADF ??? - 1,035nm Completed Frenchy -- out.

>Since none of us (the developers) has ever experienced this >pitch-up behavior, nor were there any reports of this >phenomenon by the beta team throughout a rather extensive >testing period, it is not a normal occurence that we want to >just blow off. So we are hoping you guys will discover what >is causing it so we can put it in the FAQ. >>Can you try resetting your FS key commands to default, turn >off ActiveCamera, and any other side programs you might have >running in or alongside FS to see if that stops the pitch >up? >>Thanks >>Bill Rambow > MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, and Young >>http://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif There are OLD pilots and BOLD pilots, but no OLD BOLD pilotsHi Bill,I checked your suggestions about the pitch up problem and disabled the ANTI-virus and POP-UP KILLER , then, by changing the views several times,the VSI remained rock steady! Problem fixed!! :-beerchug Thanks for the suggestionbefree

Hi,Just to say I've been experiencing the same problem.Changing views creates a pitch up of the aircraft.This has also affected other aircraft I have purchased recently.Best Regards.