Sign in to follow this  
t_a_h

How long did it take to you?

Hi,I ordered the CD or the latest DC3 at the 07-04-04. I live in Germany Munich. Did any one else from Germany ordered it and how long did it take it for the CD to arrive?I have not yet recieved the CD today. 5 days went by now. I don't know if it is normal these days to wait 5 to 8 days befor getting nervous, for the post mail service to deliver.

Torben,I don't post often in forums, but this time, I need to.You're a quite remarkable individual: wherever there's something to moan about, you're celebrating the bashing party.I say this because I watch many forums, and you're almost the only person which constantly attracts my attention in a negative way.Unfortunately, your're one of those who need the latest and greates instantly. This intention alone results in frustration for you: the patch is too late, the product too buggy, the parcel not arriving etc. etc.You seem to own many of the great products available for FS. Why don't you use them to their full extent? If you did, you wouldn't realize how fast time would pass by, because you'd be busy!Take this as positive criticism, I don't want to offend you. But you seem to be a very unhappy FS simmer, so why not reconsider what you expect and how reality is, and what flightsimming means? In the end, it shoud be distracting, not causing anger and headaches.Reality is that packages from the US may take weeks and even MONTHS to get over the big blue ocean, take this into consideration. 5 days are ridiculous in this context. And some packages may not even arrive at all...Andreas (LOWW)P.S.: Nimm's leicht! Ich werde das Ding n

Hi Andreas,no offence taken, it's alright.Ah, I didnt have the time to post that Tuesday the MAAM CD arrived. I enjoyed the DC3 for about 3 hours now, is realy fun to fly. So, please make yourself as well enjoy it if you have the money for it. It is worth it!You are right, I do often write critism here. But when I see a product is great, I dont mind and write about that I like it. I am myself a MultiMedia Designer/Producer and I am often not satisfide in what I produced, I always wanna have it 120% BEST. Mostly 90% perfection in my eyes is about miracle perfect in the eyes/mindes of my customers. But I alsways wanna be better than I am already... i realy LOVE PMDGs Boeings, they are the BEST aircraft you can buy for FS9!!!!! And they have, together with Dreamfleet, the best customer support there is in this market!!!So, 5 days it took for the two mail services to deliver the MAAM CD, what is realy good! I know there where times, years ago, when they worked very lousy! But these days both should better not #### off there customers.So, you didnt mean any real offence, I didnt take any. You gave me the chance to write something positiv here, what I rarely do.

Guest Tim W

It sometimes takes 3-5 days to recieve stuff here in Amsterdam sent from the UK, so 5 days from the USA is not that bad. Packages do a lot of sitting around in postal sorting offices. If you want overnight delivery, use a courier company!cheersTimhttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Well, as I said, I was very pleased that the CD arrived THAT soon! I know that a post package or a mail goes from some key points like O'Hare, Houston, NY directly to Frankfurt Germany EDDF and gets hand over to the german mail system over night. Than it takes one to two days to arrive at my address. So, take these 2 days here, the night in EDDF and the rest of the time is uppon the US Postal System.If I wanna have something real fast, I's like to choose DHL or UPS. They are both good, but DHL is better with little and medium packages and trys to deliver the next day if the reciepient isnt at the address at the delivery day and hour. UPS has a problem if no one answers the call or the door. And UPS is more expensive. I wonder why MAAM didnt let the customer choose the service between default US Mail Services, DHL or UPS etc. All the major big and good mail services. Sure the different systems would cause different costs. But some phl can handle the calculations online.I have experiences with this things. I do shop businuess and I was as well many times a customer in online shopping of hardware and software for my PC and other stuff. This all is in no means ment as negativ critism or flaming offence. Just some thoughts and ideas.

Guest georg

It took almost a month to arrive in Estonia!!

Guest stneaga

Dear Gentlemen,I've ordered also the DC-3 on last Sunday 11th. July 2004Hope too that I will receive it within the next week.Many thanks for any response...B.R.