Sign in to follow this  
Guest jlwoodward

Trim

Guest jlwoodward

I have a problem with the trim on both the R4D6 and the B25. If I pause the flight and quit FS, then come back later and restart, the plane will pitch up and gain 1000 ft or more. It takes massive amounts of nose-down trim to bring the plane back to level, but once it is there it is stable for the rest of the time.I don't know if these are the only planes affected but I have not noticed it with a couple of other planes. My suspicion is that the problem is not the planes but the hardware, possibly my CH Products flight yoke which is getting old. I use one of the rocker switches to set the trim and maybe FS is not reading it correctly at the restart.Can anyone shed some light on this?ThanksJohn Woodward

Hi John,I had guessed that your supposition about the Flightsim Yoke was correct. If you think yours is getting long in the tooth, try putting it through about three World War Two Weekend demos and throw in an Avsim convention! I just did a check on this by taking off from the Stennis and trimming up for level flight. I saved, exited FS, then, being careful not to jiggle the yoke, restarted and found that although I had left it with the trim set at a notch TH, it came back with the pointer centered. I opened the saved flight in Notepad and found Elevator Trim=067.93. I had to crank that trim back in quickly to keep from getting my feet wet. I do not know why the trim resets to neutral, and maybe Fred can shed some light on it. In the meantime, if you are going to do a mid-flight save, I would suggest noting the position of the trim pointer, save it in paused mode, then reset that approximate trim reading on the scale before un-pausing. Not ideal, but then we can't pause or save a flight in the real BT, either. ;-)Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, Young, Womack, Sodja & Beaumonthttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest jlwoodward

In the B25, the trim marker is hidden just behind the left throttle lever during level flight. When exiting and returning, the marker has moved to one line nose up. Now here is another strange thing that FS9 is doing:I have a button on the Flight Yoke set up to switch between views. When switching from the VC to the 2d panel, the plane pitches up. Checking the trim indicator, the marker has again moved to the nose up position. ?????John Woodward

Guest allcott

Sounds like you may have a conflict on allocations of button resources. Try clearing the button on the yoke you use for switching, then re-allocating temporarily to another button. If that fixes it then you have something else conflicting.Allcott