Sign in to follow this  
Guest Moghdad

Tool tips on R4D

Guest Moghdad

Hi all. Is there any way to change the tool tip settings on the R4D? It takes a long time for the tool tip to appear after I have placed the cursor over a gauge, and then the tip is very uniformative. For example, if I place it over any of the buttons on the autopilot, the tool tip only identifies the autopilot but doesn't tell me the function of the particular button. Also, the tool tips don't tell me the numerical reading on any of the gauges as on most other aircraft I own.Thanks for your help!

Actually, the R4D gauges do not feature tool tips. Tool tips are considered a plus by some, especially when the instruments are not familiar or readable. To others, they are a distraction and a nuisance, appearing when you are just trying to go somewhere else with your cursor. Fred Banting opted not to have them in our gauges. The reason you see something when you hover on the Sperry is because that's the only guage not programmed by Fred. It was coded by Arne Bartels and there is no adjustment possible. Sorry.Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, Young, Womack, Sodja & Beaumonthttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo2.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org