Sign in to follow this  
Guest WhiteRock

R4D/DC-3 guage tweak #277 for FS2004

Guest WhiteRock

Has this patch been moved ??.. Link on MAAM support does not work.. BTW This is an absolutely great aircraft..Glenn

Hi GlennThe FTP site where this file is housed is down at the moment. Hang on, though. We are getting near to a release for the long-awaited C-47. This will be a free add-on for R4D / DC-3 package owners and will include the tweaks found on guage set 277. In addition, it will also include an Army olive drab cockpit which involved repainting a number of control parts, which is why there is a new gauge set. In retrospect, it was dumb of me to post a full guage set on the Free Stuff page, as it gives away a fair amount of our package to people who may not have purchased the product. So I won't repost this set elsewhere.So please hang in there for the C-47 add-on, which like OY-BPB and the XC-47C add-ons will check to be sure a user has the R4D on their system before it will install.One more piece of news concerning this latest gauge set will particularly please Sir John; Fred Banting has heard his pleas and boosted the volume on the co-pilot's gear call-outs.Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, Young, Womack, Sodja & Beaumonthttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo2.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

<<>>Oh dang! And I've been trying to shut him up!Fred, it would be great to know which sound file this references - or is this built into the gauge? Those of us now flying in shared cockpits using Gates.to/FSNet have a problem with this overkeen first officer! He also gets in the way of other cockpit control add-ons. Well, at least we have plenty of crew, I suppose!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest WhiteRock

Bill.. I actually found the fssupport website, and discovered it was 'under construction'.. I am really excited about this new addon, as I have downloaded and fly OY-BPB regularly.. I also have the Lufthansa and Swiss aircraft as well..I do have one observation, I have noticed that when I have the autopilot engaged in cruise that the elevator is oscillating or flapping if you will.. I have dissengaged the auto pilot and re trimmed the aircraft and reengaged, but it still jumps about.. This is really noticeable in VC.. Any thoughts ??Glenn

Guest pollard

This is all very exciting isn't it! All these wonderful addons and what have you. Can't wait!I don't think your posting of the gauge tweak was at all dumb, Bill. Having faith in human nature these days is a virtue! Alas, some people will will steal anything so you were wise to pull it. Good move.Regarding the call-outs, I'd still rather not have them included at all, to be honest. I blame you lot for this, we were spoilt by a superlative and very complete set for BT which added so much to the atmosphere of that package. The R4D gear call-outs don't even include the 'Gear Moving' wav and without the Flaps set to balance things the phrase, 'Half Measures', springs to mind. Not something that can be applied anywhere else in these first rate packages I might add. However, I've said enough on this all ready and I fully accept your decision to keep them in.Now, if they ARE staying in, I would like to thank you most kindly for increasing the wav volume! This must surely improve things a little my end and for that thank you very much indeed!Sir John :-sword JESSE'S TIPS: "..THIS WEEK I YARV' BIN' MOSTLY FLYIN' MAAM SIM!"

Guest cw1011

I would love a French Air Force or Civil Air Transport repaint of this aircraft from the 1950's for some flying around Indochina - I have searched high and low and not found one. I have just finished Berard Fall's book "#### in a Very Small Place."Perhaps a little bonus with the C-47?