Sign in to follow this  
Guest altack

Offset used for feathering props

Guest altack

Hi Guys,here is a question to the gauge wizard (He Bill, are you there ?)I tried to play with true FS controls (Toggle_Feather_switch_1 and Toggle_Feather_switch_2) using FSUIPC but alas to no avail. The feathering push buttons on the overhead electrical panel of the R4D won't move. So what are the offsets used to control these switches ?TIAFrancois

Francois,For reasons of compatibility with FS2k2 the feather switches are controlled by the RECIP_ENGINEx_PROP_LEVER_POS variabless, not the feather toggles.It is done in a round about way so you may not be able to do it through FSUIPC.Fred

Guest altack

hi Fred,thanks for your input. I am rather disapointed since I realised a small replica of the bottom of the electrical panel of the R4D with the dual mag switch and the 2 prop feather buttons. The mag switches are working good (through a FSBUS system) and I wanted to have the feathering buttons working. The offset you mention is not a true FS control nor a FSUIPC one so I don't know how to do it directly and since there is no way to use a keypress for this action I will find a bypass by emulating a mouse clic with FSBUS...Regards,Francois