Sign in to follow this  
Guest killerwatt

Anyone got a good ch profile ?

Guest killerwatt

Hi Guys I have a CH products control setup consisting of USB yoke, USB pro throttle and USB pro pedals but I cant get my head round the ch profiling software. I was wondering does anyone have a good ready to go profile for use with the MAAM DC3 they could maybe let me have?Cheers,Stewart.

I am of the opinion that the CH profiling software was written by an epileptic camel with three heads. It is about as user-friendly as a diarrhetic elephant in a phone box.Unless you have a wish to 'map' non-FS commands - a push to talk button, for example, on the yoke for Teamspeak or Roger Wilco - you do not actually need to use the CH Control Damager (sorry, Manager) at all. Just program everything from within FS. You'll find it sets things up by default anyway, but you will want to make your own selections, I'm sure.I do have a map enabled personally when I fly, but only because I have one button programmed for PTT, that's all. All the other buttons are set through DirectX from within the sim. Should you wish to do this for yourself (and I wouldn't rush, if you don't need this), a note I wrote over at DC-3 Airways may serve to throroughly confuse you further!http://www.dcascreenshots.net/dcaforum/viewtopic.php?t=2700Let us know how you get on,MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Guest killerwatt

Thanks for that Mark. I think you are right though. It probably is best to just use the FS interface to assign the commands. I will still download your ptt profile though for when I eventually get round to venturing into online flying, so thanks again.Cheers,Stewart.

Guest Jakemaster

I never even got the CH manager, I just use FS. I have it set up basically to maximize VC flying: Digital trim buttons as digital trim (vertical for elevator, horizontal for rudder (a few singles need it)), The two buttones next to the elevator are zoom (very helpful in the VC) the red button on the left is return to center, the red on the right is change view, hat switch is POV, Throttle is throttle, prop is prop, mixture is mixture, the two toggles are flaps and gear. I like my set up.

I agree with Mark's comments - the CH Control Manager was designed for geeks! I have the CH Yoke, Pro Throttle, and Pedals as well, and they work perfectly well for me with FS assignments; and also with FSUIPC, which is great for assigning joystick/button commands.

Graeme Butler