Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

DC-3 airways panel mods

Guest Shalomar

It's me again; I read the readme! DCAMAAM5.zip from your freebies said to place the unzipped "aircraft" folder over my FS9 folder. This results in a folder containing just panel configs, and the panel is not modified in the existing DC-3. I then saw the part about placing the panel .cfg's where they should be "if you want to do it that way". In my infinite wisdom, I overwrote the panel .cfg for the passenger version. The mods were all there but there was no HSI, and no compass of any kind. Not only did this happen to the Passenger version, but when I tried the cargo version the mods were there with no HSI. (I only overwrote the passenger panel .cfg). I then overwrote the new .cfg with the one from the r4-D and I am back to where I started except that I have a folder named "Maam-sim DC3 IFR" as an additional aircraft. I love the panel mods; but I am confused and would apreciate finding out what I am missing from the readme.Best Regards, Donald Traill:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Well, I'm glad you highlighted this one, Donald. The file for 'my' panel as showcased on our freebie page is only an update of it, in the file DCAMAAM5.ZIP; you are missing (and the page is missing) the file DCAMAAM4.ZIP. Although this file is mentioned in my README as being essential to installation of DCAMAAM5.ZIP, I cannot blame you for being confused! The file DCAMAAM4.ZIP is available at Avsim, Flightsim or Simviation. All my personal panel (and other) modifications are showcased also at www.swiremariners.com/dc3FS9.html , which is a site I maintain. You should note that my panels are unofficial releases, by permission; they are not MAAM-SIM products. That said, since I am on the MAAM-SIM team, again I can excuse any confusion! Some work I do for MAAM-SIM, some I do independently.One thing though, Donald; when installing third party addons or paints, DO back up any existing files that might be overwritten. If you install my DCAMAAM4.ZIP and DCAMAAM5.ZIP properly, you will not be overwriting any existing files anyway, but it's a good rule of thumb when installing stuff.I should start over with my 'IFR' panel. If you've screwed up your base install, I would reload this from your disk and then carefully follow the install instructions for DCAMAAM4.ZIP and DCAMAAM5.ZIP thereafter.MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumont

VP Fleet, DC-3 Airways

Team Member, MAAM-SIM

Guest Shalomar

I was carfully at it for a while, but I have never done any .cfg editing and couldn't get it to show on my selection list. I have attatched a copy of the .cfg, I would apreciate it if you can tell me what lines I missed.Best Regards, Donald Traill :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Guest Edd1

Thanks for that. If I may get in this conversation, I too have tried to load this panel, un-succesfully, several times. I finally gave up and re-loaded the original plane. Now I will try it your way.Thanks to both.Ed Workman

>I was carfully at it for a while, but I have never done any>.cfg editing and couldn't get it to show on my selection list.>I have attatched a copy of the .cfg, I would apreciate it if>you can tell me what lines I missed.The CFG entries look fine, Donald, so there's something else amiss. Have you copied over the airfile etc.? I presume that you have created a new folder as suggested.MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumont

VP Fleet, DC-3 Airways

Team Member, MAAM-SIM

I'll take the bullet for this one. Guess I should have read the read.me before posting the file to the Free Stuff Page. It's fixed now, I hope. Please check it, Mark.Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/maamsim_neon.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest Shalomar

I started from scratch with a new folder; I will triple check to see if I am missing anything.Best Regards, Donald Traill :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.