Sign in to follow this  
Guest tvandermeulen

Installation problem MAAM-SIM DC3

Guest tvandermeulen

I have just received the MAAM-SIM DC3/C-47 add-on disc and installed it as instructed to FS2004. FS starts up OK but when I select any variation of the aircraft FS2004 crashes. During installation it told me it would be overwriting a file. Has anyone experienced similar issues?

No such issues reported or heard of, that I recall. Did you happen to note what this overwritten file was, by any chance? The only file that is not completely ours is the notorious FSSound.dll. It is possible that another third-party product in your hangar uses it and that would cause an overwrite flag. Did you allow the overwrite, or deny it.Other than this file, everything in our package is proprietary, and if a file is overwritten it's because it has been stolen and used by someone else. Sad but true that this has happened in the past.Please read in the manual, readme, or this forum about the FSSound.dll issue and make sure it is installed in your FS9 Modules folder and that you answer YES when asked if you should load it.I would suggest you try a re-installation from the MAAM-SIM CD. No need to delete anything, and see if this cures the proble. Obviously, this time you are going to get the overwrite box - just say yes to all. Hopefully this will fix you up, and get you up - in the air. :-)Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/hgrsm_blkani.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org