Sign in to follow this  

Problems downloading .. please HELP!!

I just fresh installed windows on my computer, and i connetc to internet without problems. But i'm having problems downloading files form avsim library all the time. I'm just not able to download anything even deactivating the internet download manager. I've had no problems at other sites, but since is here where you can find most of the important things for fs, i'm really worried.ThanksHenrique

Are you running any sort of firewall? If so, try temporarily disabling that and see if you can then download.

Hii Think i'm not running any kind of firewalls. At least i'm not aware of it. Is there anyway i can check if i'm going through any kind of firewall. I manage to connect to the avsim ftp via iexplorer, but from there i can't download anything, something like permission denied appears. HenriqueMerry ChristmasFeliz Navidad

Regards,Henrique,Sorry but we don't allow downloads via FTP. If your not able to see the download buttons then you have a bad setting in your firewall or ad blocker system.Rick RossnerSr. Library ManagerAVSIM Onlinewww.avsim.comrick@avsim.comsanta.gif

Allright, is there any kind of utility i can use in order to see if i have any of these protections (firewalls and/or Ad blocking system). I just did a complete windows reinstall and didn't install any of these tools, but as i installed many hardware components, which sometimes installs additional softwares that is supposed to help, maybe there was any of these things there. ANyway thanks for your help, and will try to get back downloading!Henrique

Well i just solved the problem, it should be some kind of problem with IE, cos i just downloaded download accelerator pro and it worked just fine.. thnaks anywayHenrique