Sign in to follow this  

Virus Sent to Me From AVSIM???

Who sent out the E-mail: Forum@AVSIM: "Rights Reserved"? It contains the worm DZUY.zip. FYIAlex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

These new virus/trojan's spoof the sender's email address. Basically, this means you were not sent a virus from Avsim, but from an infected system that had Avsim, among many others (including you) in its address book....-JohnFull time Network Admin, and even "fuller" time simmer :)

Yep, I regularly receive a copy of Klez.h in the HoverSafe inbox and they are all "spoofed" origins -- that's how they work. Somebody out there is infected and doesn't realize it. This has been going on for over 6 months.I'm fortunate I can check my email right on my ISPs server and I can delete suspicious stuff without even downloading it.Undoubtedly, you'll get more.Calhover long and prosper

Cal:Well, fortunately my antivirus software is capable of snagging these things for me automatically, so all is well. I was just curious about the source.Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

>>Well, fortunately my antivirus software is capable of >snagging these things for me automatically, so all is well. But only if you religiously update your definitions and hopefully none of those nasty things get to you before there is an update from the AV software you use.Be safe, DON'T OPEN ATTACHMENTS!