Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Temporary Fix for the CaptainSim 727..

Just thought I'd let everyone know I found a way to make the 727 flyable and less of a hassle in the air. As said before the Tech Release flew like a 727 unlike the final release. So the simple solution for the 727-100 is to use the '.air' file that came with the Technical release on the 727-100 in the final release. Works great although I have not tested the plane at 31,000ft. You will also need to adjust the wing_incidence and the htail_incidence in the aircraft config file to '0.000'. This adjust the pitch of the nose in flight. I flew the plane around and it seemed to perform well in flight. I did the same thing for the 727-200 and it seems to be performing better than it did before but still not right on the numbers. Maybe some others can shead some light on this or maybe I just need to do some more test. Anyway this seems to be the best option until CaptainSim comes up with a patch....Maybe someone can reinstall a version of the final release without the patches and find out why the voices aren't working. By the way the 727 mention above has the patches installed before I made the updates.Les--

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've tested this thing out as much as I can and its seems this plane can't fly at 32,000 feet at a reasonable speed (that's even before I made my updates). The rocking has subsided at higher altitudes but it seems 26,000ft is the best operating altitude until CaptainSim fixes the flight model. Landings are great now with the 727-100 but the 200 seems as if things can be improved a slight bit. Yaw stability is far better now than before when landing on both birds as well. I would recommend for anyone choosing to use my suggestions to forget about landing these things with full flaps because the drag is far too great. All in all I'm much more happier with these planes now and can tolerate the time in which it will take CaptainSim to fix this birds.Happy Flying to all....