Sign in to follow this  

Problems with new YS-11

First off, awesome aircraft. Hands down one of the best out there. Now, I seem to be having trouble with the high pressure fuel cockk levers.(dont mind the 2 K's, it would'nt let me wright it with 1 K :) ) When put in the ON position, the engines dont start. If the engines are running and I put them in the off position, they do not shut down. Also, the feather lights do not turn on when I advance the throttles quickly to indicate feathering. That, and I dont think anything happens with the watersomething mixture when I turn the system on for takeoff. No lights come on upon applicaton of power. And, is there a master and avionics switch somewhere???? And where is the autofeather switch?Thanks all!

Guest bfindlay

I Downloaded the Piedmont version of the plane. It unzips to a folder with an air.cfg, panel.cfp etc. - all the usual suspects. But when I launch FS, it does not show in the airplane select box. What am I doing wrong?

Hi,GREAT AIRPLANE, GREAT VC. Many thanks to the author,,,,,,"It unzips to a folder..." What folder did you unzip the file to?The YS11 zip file must be unzipped into the /fs2002/aircraft folder in order for FS2002 to use it. Also, read the "Readme first" located in the YS11 folder as it gives you more info on installation. Especially, read the part toward the end which tells you what to do with the gauge cab file.If you unzipped the YS11 zip file into another folder then just move it to the fs2002/aircraft folder and all will be well.Have fun, hope this helps.Howard

Guest Milio_B

Just to make things clear, in the YS-11 dowlonad sections, only the files marked as NEW and with model version 2.0 are the updated ones. The rest will come later.The Piedmont one is still the version 1.

Guest bfindlay

Ok, thanks for the responses folks. Didn't realize that about 'version 1/version 2' etc. However, I did read the 'readme', and DID install it into the aircraft folder. I checked. Its there. No plane.

There is a starting procedure. What procedure are you using? It says explicitly in the manual that Ctrl E does not work with this aircraft. If you put the fuel levers to off the engines will shut down - but not immediately. The auto feathering only applies when the engines are in startup and the pressure is in the yellow and the rpm increases too fast. After the yellow zone is cleared you may open the throttles without fear of autofeather - you may open the throttles too fast and cause the engines to overheat and go bang!, but the autofeathering will not occur. It is clearly explained in the documentation.The Water Methanol injection requires all three switches to be in the `on` position - the green lights should be lit telling you the system is available for use. The system has no lights that come on upon application of power. It simply engages at 14,800rpm. The only reason that it may not is if you have used all the water/methanol and need to recharge the system. This too, is in the documentation.All this, and more, are explained in the `how to` manual available from the AFG forum, as well as the text document that accompanies this aircraft. Chas